FS Schweizer 1-23H15

Old September 8th 04, 02:35 AM
Mackfly

Default FS Schweizer 1-23H15

It's listed in "Soaring" this month. Rare ole bird in good shape. Open trailer.
Climbs like crazy. Won't keep up with the glass ships on the run. Got my
Silver in her so she can't be all bad. Look for pics of her at
www.omahasoaring.net "Photo Album" section. She has no "bad" vices and has
VNE airbrakes should you decide to let yourself get sucked into a cloud. Not
that I have done that. Mac
Old September 8th 04, 04:12 PM
scurry

Mackfly wrote:
It's listed in "Soaring" this month. Rare ole bird in good shape. Open trailer.
Climbs like crazy. Won't keep up with the glass ships on the run. Got my
Silver in her so she can't be all bad. Look for pics of her at
www.omahasoaring.net "Photo Album" section. She has no "bad" vices and has
VNE airbrakes should you decide to let yourself get sucked into a cloud. Not
that I have done that. Mac

What are you bringing to Salida next time Mac?

Shawn
Old September 8th 04, 07:56 PM
Mackfly

Subject: FS Schweizer 1-23H15
From: scurry

What are you bringing to Salida next time Mac?

Shawn

Hey Shawn-----same as this year---my tent. Had a great camping vacation up at
Monarch Spur campground first week of Aug. Wife, daughter and hubby, along
with the grandkids. However I gave up climbing at 12,435' on Mt. Taylor! Must
be age, huh? Saw a couple of trailers on the airport but no mid-week activity.
Just drove past one day. Took my kayak over to Gunnison for a little trip
down the Gunnison river. Fun. Next soaring trip will be with some kind of
club ship. Maybe I can teach some of our members something in a Blanik. Take
care and help us sell the 1-23---Mac
Old September 8th 04, 08:56 PM
scurry

From: scurry

What are you bringing to Salida next time Mac?

Shawn

Hey Shawn-----same as this year---my tent. Had a great camping vacation up at
Monarch Spur campground first week of Aug. Wife, daughter and hubby, along
with the grandkids. However I gave up climbing at 12,435' on Mt. Taylor! Must
be age, huh? Saw a couple of trailers on the airport but no mid-week activity.
Just drove past one day. Took my kayak over to Gunnison for a little trip
down the Gunnison river. Fun. Next soaring trip will be with some kind of
club ship. Maybe I can teach some of our members something in a Blanik. Take
care and help us sell the 1-23---Mac

For sure. I had forgotten to mention. I've flown with Mac here in
Salida and in Boulder. the Mighty 1-23 does quite nicely in the
mountains. Also, this ship looks really nice from the air. :-)

Salida still doesn't have regular towing. The Boulder club was in town
this weekend, so I got some flying in here, but for only the second time
this year. The trailer (KH, one of the ones you saw) is getting lots of
use with the drive to Boulder :-(

Shawn

Sikorsky To buy Schweizer Aircraft Vaughn Simon Rotorcraft 0 August 27th 04 02:41 PM
Paul A. Schweizer, 1913-2004 Peter W. Smith Soaring 1 August 26th 04 04:13 PM
Paul Schweizer 1913-2004 BTIZ Piloting 0 August 19th 04 01:58 AM
FS: Schweizer 1-34, Schweizer Open Trailer F.L. Whiteley Soaring 2 April 10th 04 02:52 AM
heli flying - which would be more fun/useful Schweizer 300C or a Bell 47G Charles Morrice Rotorcraft 1 August 15th 03 12:48 PM