US Contest Rules Pilot Poll

Old September 25th 12, 08:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default US Contest Rules Pilot Poll

Hello Racers:
The Annual US Competition Rules Poll is open for participation by all pilots
on the ranking list.
Your input is welcomed and valuable.
Connect at http://adamsfive.com/soaring/survey/surveys.php
As always we look forward to your input.
The poll runs through 10/26/12
The planned election of a member of the RC resulted in only one nominee, John Godfrey. As a result he is placed once again on the RC for 4 more years.
For the RC
UH RC Chair

Old September 26th 12, 11:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Why not open this poll to all SSA members ? Some people may not be on the ranking list because they don't like to compete under the existing SSA competition rules...
Old September 26th 12, 03:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Evan Ludeman[_4_]

On Sep 26, 6:21*am, wrote:
Why not open this poll to all SSA members ? Some people may not be on the ranking list because they don't like to compete under the existing SSA competition rules...

lol. We have a forum for low signal to noise discussion like this and
it's called r.a.s. Welcome. Knock yourself out. Swing for the
fences, man! I look forward to the entertainment.

The poll is and always has been for the guys with "skin in the game".
That's as it should be.

T8
Old September 27th 12, 01:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Cochrane[_3_]

On Sep 26, 9:15*am, Evan Ludeman wrote:
On Sep 26, 6:21*am, wrote:

Why not open this poll to all SSA members ? Some people may not be on the ranking list because they don't like to compete under the existing SSA competition rules...

lol. *We have a forum for low signal to noise discussion like this and
it's called r.a.s. *Welcome. *Knock yourself out. *Swing for the
fences, man! *I look forward to the entertainment.

The poll is and always has been for the guys with "skin in the game".
That's as it should be.

T8

Saying the same thing a little more gently, if you don't fly contests
but there is an issue that you feel strongly about -- especially if it
is of the sort "if you change x I will start flying contests," please
write the RC chair (UH), and we'll be listening.

John Cochrane
Old September 30th 12, 01:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean F (F2)

Polls should be open to everyone who is, as an ssa member, eligible to fly in a contest. Cute, but the participation limitation is wrong. This is a power vacuum.
Old September 30th 12, 01:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

On 9/29/2012 5:08 PM, Sean F (F2) wrote:
Polls should be open to everyone who is, as an ssa member, eligible
to fly in a contest. Cute, but the participation limitation is
wrong. This is a power vacuum.

The rules are for the people that will be flying under them. It doesn't
make much sense to have people without experience or commitment to the
rules to be voting on them. We stopped doing that about two decades ago,
switching from all the Directors voting on the rules to the current
system. It's worked well since then.

Changing rules to increase participation is a legitimate goal, however.
Non-contest members can influence the process by lobbying their SSA
director, the Contest Committee, the Growth and Development Committee,
and even other SSA members with letters to "Soaring", and explain how
they would fly in contests "if only the rules committee would change
rule such and such ...".

email me)
Old October 15th 12, 07:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, September 25, 2012 3:08:23 PM UTC-4, (unknown) wrote:
Hello Racers: The Annual US Competition Rules Poll is open for participation by all pilots on the ranking list. Your input is welcomed and valuable. Connect at http://adamsfive.com/soaring/survey/surveys.php As always we look forward to your input. The poll runs through 10/26/12 The planned election of a member of the RC resulted in only one nominee, John Godfrey. As a result he is placed once again on the RC for 4 more years. For the RC UH RC Chair

Reminder to all US racers. If you have not provided your poll input, please do.
Thanks
UH