question on intercoms for my new homebuilt

Old July 23rd 03, 12:20 AM
w b evans

Default question on intercoms for my new homebuilt

Over the last 4 years I've built a Pietenpol Aircamper, had it licenced last
fall, and have flown off the 25 hours. Now it's time to put in an intercom
for the front hole. I have two David Clark headsets already, and am running
an A-65 with unshielded ignition.
All the intercoms in the ads show a picture, but seem to be a single unit
that mounts to a bulkhead that both can reach. Mine has two cockpits that
are aways apart. What provisions do these intercoms have for the extra
distance???
And will the unshielding be a problem???
--
walt evans
NX140DL

Old July 23rd 03, 12:57 AM
Robert Schieck

You could get a panel mount one that will let you put the jacks wherever
you like or
you could just get some plugs, jacks and shielded wire and put an
extension in for the front head set ?

hth

Rob from Ontario

w b evans wrote:

Over the last 4 years I've built a Pietenpol Aircamper, had it licenced last
fall, and have flown off the 25 hours. Now it's time to put in an intercom
for the front hole. I have two David Clark headsets already, and am running
an A-65 with unshielded ignition.
All the intercoms in the ads show a picture, but seem to be a single unit
that mounts to a bulkhead that both can reach. Mine has two cockpits that
are aways apart. What provisions do these intercoms have for the extra
distance???
And will the unshielding be a problem???

UFO sightings are down, Homebuilt Flyers! [email protected] Aerobatics 0 February 5th 05 01:11 AM
Newbie Question - Vacuum vs Electric Bill Denton Aerobatics 1 April 15th 04 11:30 PM
Novice question Burt Tims Aerobatics 2 November 21st 03 04:18 AM
British Homebuilt Aeroplane needs Identifying Phillip Rhodes Home Built 3 July 11th 03 04:10 PM