Air America breaking news: "USA to fingerprint ALL visitors !!!"

Old April 8th 04, 02:27 PM
Marie Lewis

"devil" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 07 Apr 2004 16:47:38 +0100, Marie Lewis wrote:

"devil" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 19:08:54 +0100, Marie Lewis wrote:

Chauvinism is more like a grassroot feeling that "we" are the center

of
the universe..

Chauvinism derives from one Nicolas Chauvin, a devoted admirer of

Napoleon,
right or wrong.

Sure. Still, in everyday use, it's what I said above.

Not in the "everyday use" of those who really know what it means.

I guess you are telling the rest of us who don't know then?

Indeed.

ML
:-)

(AKA presomptuous... Oh well.)

Old April 8th 04, 02:29 PM
Marie Lewis

"Tim Kroesen" wrote in message
k.net...
How many times have you carried 'goot' Dutch drugs over the border?

Your anti-American and anti_religious "prejudices" are all OK though?

Tim K

Exactly what is wrong with being "anti-religious" then?

ML

Old April 8th 04, 02:54 PM
Olivers

Marie Lewis muttered....

Exactly what is wrong with being "anti-religious" then?

It's simply a prejudice, just like racism. Depends on how anti-religious
you are, I suppose. Vile epithets, OK; but physical attacks on the LDS and
Jehovah's Witness missionaries that come to your front door, not
acceptable (especailly if you poor kerosene on them and threaten'em
with a barbecue lighter).....

TMO
Old April 13th 04, 03:10 PM
The Reids

Following up to James Robinson

Note the *three* separate attempts at hitting high-speed rail in Europe
in the last few weeks (the Spanish bomb, the French extortion attempt,
and the German derailing try). All low-dollar, minimal effort,
high-return operations.

Again, my question. Why wouldn't other terror groups have taken
advantage of that, if things are so easy to achieve an end result.

Its worth noting that even adding in terrorist casualties its
still much safer in a train than in a car.

Were we to stop using trains to defeat terrorism, it would just
move somewhere else where groups of people are together until we
just hid alone in our homes.
--
Mike Reid
"Art is the lie that reveals the truth" P.Picasso
Old April 13th 04, 03:10 PM
The Reids

Following up to Marie Lewis

this is an english language ng.
--

Is it? What about people who do not speak English? Are they barred? Who
says so?

If non english speakers were to post in another language, that
would be one thing.
You posted in French when you could have posted in English, your
native language.

Polite people in multi lingual environments switch to the
language that they speak that is most easily understood by the
listener. You did the opposite.....
Old April 14th 04, 05:16 AM
machf

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 15:10:38 +0100, The Reids wrote:

Were we to stop using trains to defeat terrorism, it would just
move somewhere else where groups of people are together until we
just hid alone in our homes.

In fact, if you stopped using trains, it would mean that terrorism is defeating
you, rather. One of the keys to fight terrorism is to go on with your lives and
let intelligence handdle the terrorists (yes, intelligence - not a massive
military offensive; you must infiltrate the terrorist organizations and fight
them from within. And after you've taken care of their leaders that way, you
may later mount a military offensive to finish off any isolated pockets of
terrorists that may remain. Remember, many terrorists are terrorists because
they have never been offered a better deal, IOW, they've been brainwashed since
childhood, but the process can be reversed while they're still young enough)

--
__________ ____---____ Marco Antonio Checa Funcke
\_________D /-/---_----' Santiago de Surco, Lima, Peru

remove the "no_me_j." and "sons.of." parts before replying
Old April 14th 04, 09:40 AM
The Reids

Following up to machf

In fact, if you stopped using trains, it would mean that terrorism is defeating
you, rather. One of the keys to fight terrorism is to go on with your lives and
let intelligence handdle the terrorists (yes, intelligence - not a massive
military offensive; you must infiltrate the terrorist organizations and fight
them from within. And after you've taken care of their leaders that way, you
may later mount a military offensive to finish off any isolated pockets of
terrorists that may remain. Remember, many terrorists are terrorists because
they have never been offered a better deal, IOW, they've been brainwashed since
childhood, but the process can be reversed while they're still young enough)

Exactly, the only thing I would add is to eradicate any part of
their grevances which are justified.