Cockpit video recording -- the time is now.

Old October 6th 18, 02:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Cockpit video recording -- the time is now.

On Friday, October 5, 2018 at 6:30:54 PM UTC-4, Steve Koerner wrote:
Fair enough John. It seems like most guys are reacting along that line. Do look back to my Oct 2 post suggesting that there needn't be a mandate if insurance rates became the motivating mechanism.

So you want insurance rates set by the whims of pilots. No way that'll bite you in the ass. lolz
Old October 6th 18, 09:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

It's a pretty long stretch to think that since I don't want a mandatory
camera in my cockpit you think that I object to seat belts in cars.Â* Of
course I've come to learn that folks that think like you can't carry on
an objective conversation.

On 10/5/2018 2:15 PM, wrote:
On Wednesday, October 3, 2018 at 8:50:53 AM UTC-7, Dan Marotta wrote:
That hardly requires an answer, Mike.Â* I had seat belts in my car long
before they were mandated; it was my choice, not the government's, and
I'd still have them without the mandate. Likewise, I've flown legacy
aircraft which didn't have shoulder straps without wetting my pants over
the hazards.

For the last time:Â* Choose what works for you and let me choose for
myself.Â* Try to force me and we'll have a problem.

On 10/3/2018 8:50 AM, Mike Oliver wrote:
What about straps Dan? I believe they are mandated. Should that be
removed?

At 14:29 03 October 2018, Dan Marotta wrote:
On 10/2/2018 9:32 PM, Roy B. wrote:
My point however - was (and is) that if you can't get people to
mandate
use of an accident prevention device - how are you going to mandate
accident diagnostic device?
I was, am, and will always be against mandating FLARM, cameras, or
any
other devices in the cockpit, yet I have it installed in my current
glider and had it in my previous glider, as well (and I'm very pleased
with its performance).ÂÂ* I took a lot of heat quite a few years back
when
I took a position against mandating FLARM.ÂÂ* It's the mandating part
that
I object to, not the device itself.

By all means, make your proposal, support it with arguments, and
congratulate all the adopters, but count me out on this one.
--
Dan, 5J

--
Dan, 5J

So it's official, Dan has come out against mandating seat belts in cars and presumably in aircraft. Another no compromise analysis. Brilliant.

--
Dan, 5J