Take your plane to work day.

Old November 21st 16, 06:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt Herron Jr.

Default Take your plane to work day.

Last week, I conjured up a holiday called "Take your plane to work day" as an excuse to bring my Ventus C to the office. I assembled it in the parking lot and invited the whole company out to learn a bit about soaring during lunch. Folks could sit in the cockpit, get their picture taken, and ask questions. We had quite a good turn-out.

I also showed some soaring videos in a conference room and I gave away one FAST! training flight as a prize to those that were interested in putting their name in a hat. About half the company signed up for that flight, and of those interested, half were women!

I do this once every year or two, and it is always well received. It generates a lot of interest in the sport, dispels some myths, and the flight winner usually reports back to the employees when he/she has completed her flight.

If you have the time and inclination, give it a shot at your place of work. I believe that when the soaring message comes from a co-worker, it's more personal, more "real", more inspiring.

Cheers,

Matt Herron (22T)
Old November 22nd 16, 03:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Great idea!

It won't work for me, since my biz is at the Moriarty Airport, but I can see it at a bank or other office environment.

Kudos!

Old November 22nd 16, 05:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Great idea! If everyone did this just once every three years....

CJ
Old November 22nd 16, 03:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Lol, I'm retired now. But They wouldn't have let my employees out to look at it! And not sure we would have wanted most of them in the glider world

Cliff Hilty (Retired HVAC supervisor Federal Correctional Institution Phoenix)

PS: I did invite many coworkers up on rides. And my bosses hated to see my Glider in the parking lot as they new I was taking the afternoon off to go flying! So glad to be out of there