I Hate bush like any real man would

Old December 22nd 03, 05:31 AM
George Z. Bush

"Kevin Brooks" wrote in message
t...

"George Z. Bush" wrote in message

"Kevin Brooks" wrote in message
t...

"George Z. Bush" wrote in message

"Kevin Brooks" wrote in message
t...

"George Z. Bush" wrote in message

"John Mullen" wrote in message
Kevin Brooks wrote:
"George Z. Bush" wrote in

message

(Unnecessary background snipped)

When you have your own house in order (i.e., until you

recognize
that
your
earlier accusation was false and are big enough to admit it),

you
can
start
working on decorrupting the rest of us. My comment to Mary was
questioning
whether her concerns for disenfranchisement were only in

relation
the
likely democcratic supporters--her answer indicated that

indeed
was
the
case. Hell of a view of democracy IMO...

Brooks

snip further bellyaching

That's amazing! Some people can put a spin onto anything. I

suppose
being a Tory must mean never having to be wrong. Must be
wonderful...

John

By George, you've hit the nail on the head! Being a George, I

would
know,
wouldn't I? If you followed the thread, I'm sure you noticed how

hard
he's
trying to change the subject to me and what I may have or have not
said
about
other things. All I'm trying to do is to hold his feet to the

fire
and
force
him to be responsive to the dialogue he was having with Mary

Shafer.
won't
be sucked into a debate by him on any other topic until such time

as
it
suits
me, if it ever does. It seems to be giving him some heartburn,
because he
keeps
on trying (without success) to get me engaged so that he can walk

away
from the
can of worms Mary Shafer uncovered without addressing any of them.

It
won't
work, but he keeps trying. (^-^)))

You are admittedly very good at walking away from things that don't
agree
with your previous farsical pronouncements, on that I'll agree.

Brooks

And you still are trying to talk to me instead of Mary Shafer. You

get
high
marks for persistently trying to wiggle out of the hot spot.

You have to expand your reading there, George--already been addressed in
this same thread. Mary's idea that it was A-OK to kick those absentee
ballots out because she thought they were "late" was full of

holes--namely,
the democrats were contesting them on the basis of other technicalities,

and
the same state courts that proved to be so sympathetic to Gore in other
respects ended up turning down their request to quash them. I guess you
don't like that, seeing as how you apparently find the idea of
disenfranchising those who tend to vote democrat repulsive, but doing so

servicemembers and others who tend to lean towards the republican side

is
apparently just peachy. I believe you voiced the concern that my

bringing
this comparison up was somehow off-topic and inappropriate according to

your
earlier comment?.....

You believe wrong. Show me where I voiced concern over any part of your
discussion with her about the election in Florida. I only took part in

your
discussion after you started ducking being responsive and, even then, it

was
only limited to pulling your chain about not responding.

No, your first post, in response to my FIRST post in the thread, included:
"You, OTOH, need to stop changing the subject in order to avoid having to
address the points she made." Odd, in that my first post was merely to point
out that the alleged disenfranchisement effort attributed to Ms. Harris was
not the only such effort during that election in Florida. I did not attack
her claims--merely wanted to see how evenhanded she was in accessing the
situation. Her subsequent responses indicate that, like you, even-handedness
is not a priority.

......Well, it seems that the absentee ballot situation dealt
with the same topic Mary was introducing (disenfranchising voters in

Florida
during 2000), and it is a hell of lot closer to being on-topic than the
original post since at least it entered the military side into the

equation
in some fashion. Now George, have you gathered the gumption required to
admit that your earlier accusation that GWB never volunteered for

overseas
service was incorrect, or are you still going to be all mealy-mouthed on
that one?

It doesn't require gumption to say anything on any subject on the usenet.
You're just trying to drag me into a discussion of positions I've taken in

the
past based upon personal knowledge of how rated personnel can be grounded

at
their own instance. I don't see that I can learn anything about that

subject
from you, since I've forgotten more about it as a retired military pilot

that
you ever knew. So call me mealy-mouthed if that's what rings your

chimes.....it
makes no never-mind to me.

No, the issue in that discussion was your bold faced claim that Bush never
volunteered for overseas duty, period. Which was not the case, as he
reportedly did volunteer for Palace Alert. You can't even bring yourself to
admit that, can you?

Have a nice Holiday Season.

Same to you, and may you not be cursed with the same flu that I am currently
enjoying (for Tarver's benefit; he apparently needs to learn that even
heated Usenet exchanges do not have to drop to the level of wishing death
upon our temporary foes).

Old December 22nd 03, 05:46 AM
George Z. Bush

Kevin Brooks wrote:
[...]

As I recall, I think I said something to the effect that when he had the
opportunity to volunteer for a combat assignment, he chose to go the other way.
Palace Alert notwithstanding, I still think I had it right. BTW, I must admit
that I had never heard of that program, whatever it was. I imagine that, if it
was that important, a chronology of when some of his F-102 squadron mates
started volunteering and leaving for transition into combat model aircraft
and/or Far East assignments, when he volunteered for Palace Alert (whatever that
was), and when he allowed his flight physical to expire and failed to get it
renewed, might get it all sorted out.

Personally, I don't really care enough about it to invest my time and effort
into the project, but if it suits you, feel free.

Have a nice Holiday Season.

Same to you, and may you not be cursed with the same flu that I am currently
enjoying (for Tarver's benefit; he apparently needs to learn that even
heated Usenet exchanges do not have to drop to the level of wishing death
upon our temporary foes).

Fortunately, I got my flu shot early in the season and have managed to avoid it
up to now. I hope you get over your miseries pretty quick so that you'll be
able to enjoy what's left of the Holiday Season. As for Tarver, he's what I
consider to be a prize schmuck and is a charter member of my killfile. Needless
to say, I don't put any stock in his opinions or statements, and we haven't
spoken in years.....it does wonders for my blood pressure. You might consider
doing the same.

George Z.

Old December 22nd 03, 06:01 AM
Kevin Brooks

"George Z. Bush" wrote in message

"Kevin Brooks" wrote in message
t...

snip stuf we will never agree on

[...]

My wife got the shot and so far (knock on my little wooden head) it has kept
her safe, even after having to put up with my distress over the past five
days. So despite the hype about the shot not being for the exactly correct
strain, it seems to be of some use and you may not have a lot to worry
about. It has forced changes to the Christmas plans--both our respective
parents are getting on in years and don't need to be exposed to it, even
though they all also had the shots. As to Tarver...sometimes he is comical,
in a sad way I guess, but now that I am posting with OE as opposed to using
Google, I can at long last plonk his butt. Maybe I'll make that my Christmas
present to myself.

Brooks

George Z.

Old December 22nd 03, 09:04 AM
RobbelothE

1. The counties involved are VERY heavily Democrat.

Seminole and Martin, the two counties whose absentee ballots were contested
by the Gore camp, voted Republican in 2000.

Brooks

I was referring only to the problems at the actual polls. I should have been
more specific.

Ed
"The French couldn't hate us any
more unless we helped 'em out in another war."
--Will Rogers

(Delete text after dot com for e-mail reply.)
Old December 22nd 03, 04:37 PM
Michael Houghton

Howdy!

In article ,
RobbelothE wrote:
As a Florida resident, I offer these observations:

....with a bias quite evident by your language misuse...

1. The counties involved are VERY heavily Democrat.
2. The punch card ballots were approved by the local county Democrat party.
3. The supervisors of elections in those counties were Democrat.
4. The Democrat approved punch card ballots didn't seem to be a problem in
previous elections.\
5. The same people who had trouble dealing with punch card ballots qualified
for drivers' licenses and seem to be able to drive a car without much problem.

Ummm...what is this "Democrat" party? I'm not familiar with them. I do know
of a "Democratic" party.

....makes me go "hmmm...this guy is not being very subtle about his biases..."

yours,
Michael

| White Wolf and the Phoenix
Bowie, MD, USA | Tablet and Inkle bands, and other stuff

http://www.radix.net/~herveus/

Bush's guard record JDKAHN Home Built 13 October 3rd 04 09:38 PM
"W" is JFK's son and Bush revenge killed Kennedy in 1963 Ross C. Bubba Nicholson Instrument Flight Rules 2 August 28th 04 10:36 PM
i HATE bush - i HATE bush - i HATE bush - i HATE bush - i HATE bush - i HATE bush - i HATE bush - Cub Driver Military Aviation 0 October 29th 03 12:21 PM