Golden Hawks Sabre

Old May 8th 09, 02:54 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Canuck[_3_] Canuck[_3_] is offline
Banned

Default Golden Hawks Sabre

The REAL reason I went! An airworthy Sabre in Golden Hawks colour scheme
paid a visit to the WCAM today. I hope LCol (Ret'd) Dan Dempsey, author,
pilot and team historian won't mind that I popped his picture on here.

The aircraft is absolutely fantastic and well worth seeing if you get a
chance. I hope to get some pictures of LCol (Ret'd) Dan Dempsey flying the
aircraft when he makes a return appearance in a few weeks at the airshow at
Portage La Prairie.

The aircraft was here for only part of the day.

Nick

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P5070966.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	34663  Click image for larger version

Name:	P5070977.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	34664  Click image for larger version

Name:	P5071099.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	34665  Click image for larger version

Name:	P5071100.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	34666  Click image for larger version

Name:	P5071102.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	34667

Click image for larger version

Name:	P5071120.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	34668
Old May 9th 09, 03:43 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Zomby Woof[_3_]

Can't some rich philanthropic (sp?) Canadian (Jimmy Pattison!) dig up a
CF-100 and get it back in the sky too, fer cryin' out loud?

ZW

Old May 9th 09, 11:17 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bill & Ange

Don't know of any that are even airworthy.

Old May 11th 09, 02:57 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Zomby Woof[_3_]

"Zomby Woof" wrote in message
Can't some rich philanthropic (sp?) Canadian (Jimmy Pattison!) dig up a
CF-100 and get it back in the sky too, fer cryin' out loud?

ZW

Are there any left in Downsview?

Old May 30th 09, 05:27 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Canuck[_5_]

"Zomby Woof" wrote in message
Can't some rich philanthropic (sp?) Canadian (Jimmy Pattison!) dig up a
CF-100 and get it back in the sky too, fer cryin' out loud?

ZW

I'm holding out for a CF-104. I'd love to see one or even a formation flying
around. The engine sound was amazing!

Nick

Old May 30th 09, 08:30 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Robert Sveinson

"Canuck" wrote in message

"Zomby Woof" wrote in message
Can't some rich philanthropic (sp?) Canadian (Jimmy Pattison!) dig up a
CF-100 and get it back in the sky too, fer cryin' out loud?

ZW

I'm holding out for a CF-104. I'd love to see one or even a formation
flying around. The engine sound was amazing!

Many many years ago, 1970or1972 at an air show
was a CF 104 and a CF 101, and they flew done the
line of people making two very different sounds.
It was lovely!

Lancaster at WCAM first weekend in Aug.

Nick

Old May 30th 09, 12:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Andrew Chaplin

"Canuck" wrote in message

"Zomby Woof" wrote in message
Can't some rich philanthropic (sp?) Canadian (Jimmy Pattison!) dig up a
CF-100 and get it back in the sky too, fer cryin' out loud?

ZW

I'm holding out for a CF-104. I'd love to see one or even a formation flying
around. The engine sound was amazing!

Like this? :^)
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO

Old May 31st 09, 12:56 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Canuck[_5_]

"Robert Sveinson" wrote in message

"Canuck" wrote in message

"Zomby Woof" wrote in message
Can't some rich philanthropic (sp?) Canadian (Jimmy Pattison!) dig up a
CF-100 and get it back in the sky too, fer cryin' out loud?

ZW

I'm holding out for a CF-104. I'd love to see one or even a formation
flying around. The engine sound was amazing!

Many many years ago, 1970or1972 at an air show
was a CF 104 and a CF 101, and they flew done the
line of people making two very different sounds.
It was lovely!

Lancaster at WCAM first weekend in Aug.

Sigh. To have seen that and had a nice digital SLR like I have now..... or
even just to have been present to see and hear it myself. I was fairly young
at the time but I did get to see a pack of CF-104s fly over on their way to
the airport which is just a couple of miles away from here. The sound was
unlike anything I'd ever heard made by a flying machine of any kind. It
literally made me think of a pack of wolves howling. Very impressive and
really unique. As for the CF-101, I got to see a few of them flying around
and there was even a display of sorts at an airshow in Gimli some time ago.
It was interesting to see these aircraft put on a display and the sound of
the afterburners kicking in was also quite neat. It sounded like a garbage
can getting kicked over. The last aircraft did a high speed pass and hit the
afterburners and departed near vertical. It was a fairly cloudy and overcast
day so the initial ignition of the afterburners was visible against the
clouds.

I may drag my butt down to see the Lancaster. That should be fairly
impressive even though I'm not really a prop/bomber guy. I tend to like
commercial jets and fighters. I will make an "exception" for the B-1. I
absolutely love that aircraft. It is beautifully designed and has impressive
performance despite a rather shaky service/reliability record. Still, from
what I understand, they have worked the bugs out of the beast and now it is
quite something.

Nick

PS Are you going out to SouthPort for the open house/airshow next
weekend?

Old May 31st 09, 12:57 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Canuck[_5_]

"Andrew Chaplin" wrote in message
"Canuck" wrote in message

"Zomby Woof" wrote in message
Can't some rich philanthropic (sp?) Canadian (Jimmy Pattison!) dig up a
CF-100 and get it back in the sky too, fer cryin' out loud?

ZW

I'm holding out for a CF-104. I'd love to see one or even a formation
flying
around. The engine sound was amazing!

Like this? :^)
--
Andrew Chaplin
SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO

LOL! I better stop. My neck is getting sore.

Nick

Golden West Fly-In Stuart & Kathryn Fields Rotorcraft 1 May 19th 06 03:12 PM
Bob Golden-TOA/LGB Ol Shy & Bashful Rotorcraft 0 February 14th 06 10:40 AM
Marv Golden ANR? Sam Bradshaw Piloting 2 April 17th 04 07:16 PM
Marv Golden ANR? Sam Bradshaw Products 2 April 17th 04 07:16 PM
Marv Golden TripFarmer Owning 15 October 20th 03 05:09 PM