Europe as joke

Old October 25th 03, 10:03 AM
Cub Driver

It's easy. Don't forget why Irak has to be rebuilt. We didn't invade Bosnia.

Huh? Bosnia was the victim; Serbia was the aggressor. (More
accurately, it was a civil war in the former Yugoslavia.) "NATO"
bombed the hell out of Serbia, and dropped not a few munitions on
Bosnia as well.

Slobo had the wisdom to surrender before an invasion was necessary.
(Who would have supplied most of the troops for such an invasion, do
you suppose? Would Holland have even sent its marching band?) There
was a war nevertheless, and the damage has to be paid for. Who is
paying the bill for that long-ago war?

Out of every euro that paid for the Balkans war, in which the U.S. had
no interest whatsoever, did the U.S. not pay at least 50 cents?

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: www.danford.net/letters.htm#9

see the Warbird's Forum at www.warbirdforum.com
and the Piper Cub Forum at www.pipercubforum.com
Old October 25th 03, 10:52 AM
Grantland

Cub Driver wrote:

Arafat is waging genocidal war against the Jews (picking up where
Europe left off). Why haven't you intervened in the Middle East
against him?

Lune. Israel has 400 nukes and an 800-pound-gorilla army. They are
the ones practicing genocide against a hapless, unarmed, conquered
civilian subject people. Stupid ****ing yank. ****ing moron.

Grantland
Old October 25th 03, 01:14 PM
Juvat

After an exhausting session with Victoria's Secret Police, Cub Driver
blurted out:

Since when has Europe been worried about genocide? It didn't bother
you when Germany practiced it, or Britain, France, or Belgium. (I'm
not sure about the Dutch record in Africa--not nearly as bad,
evidently.) You worried about Serbia only because it threatened
European interests.

Not sure of the rationale in that paragragh. Just how far back in
history can the argument go? My meaning?

We (the US) had slavery and that doesn't make you a rascist or slave
owner. Our gov't didn't want our free press making an issue about Nazi
concentration camps (either fearing for the prisoners' safety or a
lack of concern for Jewish ethnicity).

You wrote a wonderful book about the AVG, actually it is THE BOOK
about the AVG. Sadly nowadays you *start* off topic rants on a
military *aviation* forum. I sincerely hope in real life things are
much better for you and your loved ones.

Juvat

Old October 25th 03, 01:47 PM
Juvat

After an exhausting session with Victoria's Secret Police,
Autocollimator blurted out:

What was the name of his book?

LOL...try amazon's search engine for Flying Tigers and/or Daniel Ford

Juvat

Old October 25th 03, 02:04 PM
Roman J. Rohleder

Cub Driver schrieb:

Since when is a genocide a "uniquely European problem"? It happened in
Europe, but it could have happened anywhere else.

Since when has Europe been worried about genocide?

Since we have learned from WW2. Since it is common ground to tread
genocide as an international crime ("...against humanity"). Do you
discern on this position?

We (those you mentioned) try to face our history and approach pardon
and respect.. other nations still neglect their record. Nations who
are members of "the coalition".

You worried about Serbia only because it threatened
European interests.

In which aspect? The civil war blocked the land route to the EU member
Greece and the closed Danube, but what else besides threatened morale
and justice? Involving surrounding countries in the civil war?

I am not worried about Serbia, I am worried about the radical
nationalists of any given group in the Balkans, no matter if they rant
for "Great Serbia", "Great Albania" or whatever.. the UCK isnīt any
better then the bosnian serbs and the mercenaries who fought along
them.

The moment we pull out of Bosnia, Sarajevo will be back to the times
of sniper alley and bloodbaths on market places. Do you (demanding
"PULL OUT THE US FORCES!") really want that?

Saddam killed more Muslims than Slobo did. Why wasn't that genocide?

Who says it wasnīt? If you consider the actions against Kurds, thats
genocide. And it is a shame that our society (you, us, everyone
dealing with that dicator in the 1980s) accepted it without taking
direct initiative.

His absolute numbers ("more Muslims") probably result of the Gulf War
I... a war fought in times when Saddam Hussein shook hands with
Rumsfeld, when the Iraq was used as a glancing example of stability
and development in the middle east.

Killing Persians was obviously appropriate at that time.

Arafat is waging genocidal war against the Jews (picking up where
Europe left off). Why haven't you intervened in the Middle East
against him?

Why havenīt the USA?

And do recall what country provided the great weight of men and
weapons to fight in the Balkans. (Hint: it wasn't France, the rare
European country that actually has a military worth respecting.)

This is about those who demand "Pull out of the Balkans" - you donīt
start a war with Iraq when you havenīt finished another job
(stabilising the Balkans or Afghanistan - that country isnīt done yet,
as the only "secured area" is Kabul and the absolute proximities of
the capital).

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: www.danford.net/letters.htm#9

Gruss, Roman