Relieving in flight

Old April 6th 18, 02:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Relieving in flight

My friends new ASH30 has a large diameter tube that exits under the glider.
One uses another tube, that fits inside this tube, and extends well below the bottom of the glider, and is drawn back into the cockpit after use.
Its the best system ive seen.
Old April 6th 18, 02:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I have a new technique for taking care of this problem. 40 years ago I had a 8 hour bladder, but as I hit 65 things changed and now I have a two hour bladder. Don't worry young bucks you will get there someday. I now use these special bags that makes urine turn into gel. I fill them up on must flights and at the end of the day just open the side vent and give it a toss overboard. Well, your probably saying something like, "where does it fall"? Good question, I pick out the last thermal of the day which is usually over some close range trailer park and let it fly. What better place to have a bag of urine drop from the heavens.

Old April 6th 18, 02:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

... One uses another tube, that fits inside this tube, and extends well
below the bottom of the glider, and is drawn back into the cockpit after use.
Its the best system ive seen.

Too much fussing and mess in the cockpit!
Old April 6th 18, 05:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Agnew

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00...op_mb_pd_title

TravelJohn on Amazon is the brand I use.

Paul A.
Old April 6th 18, 05:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Friday, April 6, 2018 at 12:13:51 PM UTC-4, Paul Agnew wrote:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00...op_mb_pd_title

TravelJohn on Amazon is the brand I use.

Paul A.

if you need to pick them up - you can go to Auto Zone and a few other Big Box Auto supply places - also medical supply places - they are mostly sold for kids on long car rides.

They work well - I carry them any time I fly or take a passenger... ya never know

WH
Old April 6th 18, 06:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I hope you are joking about that.

Dropping urine bombs on poor people is probably not the best look for our sport.

Matt

Old April 6th 18, 09:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

How about adding some dry drink mix (Kool-aid, whatever, something that adds color) to the new bag. Then when they land, they almost look like Jello!
;-)

Years ago, I remember at least one pilot that put his eaten apple cores in an empty ziplock bag before "filling", if they held together on landing, could look like apple juice.

I also understand about the "shrinking bladder syndrome" that happens with age. Better to find a way to empty it rather than getting dehydrated.
Old April 6th 18, 09:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Thanks, but that's not what I was looking for.Â* I still have a few gel
pack leg bags but I'm running out.Â* Standard urinary leg bags keep it
liquid and, though I've never had a mishap, I'd sure hate to see a 1
liter (33.81402 oz) bag break in the cockpit.

--
Dan, 5J
Old April 6th 18, 09:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Dan, how about an online search for "gel pee bags"? I did so through Google and had a lot of hits. Maybe something is what you are looking for?

Then again, maybe you already did that and "no joy".

Have you looked up your brand? Maybe they have links to vendors?