Rutan on Global Warming

Old August 13th 09, 08:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
burt

Default Rutan on Global Warming

On Aug 8, 7:08*am, "Dan Luke" wrote:
"Morgans" *wrote:
Dan, if you are as smart as you think you are, you would realize that the
two sides of this argument will never agree, and it does not matter what
proof you claim to have. *In result, you would just quit arguing, and move
on to a different subject, without caring who gets the last word.

The same thing could be said to the other people arguing with Dan.
--

Oh, you're right of course, Jim. *I've been in enough of these arguments
here and elswhere to know it's no longer an issue of facts with most people.

But a respected guy likeRutanspouting nonsense in public on a subject he
clearly does not understand is something I couldn't let pass without
comment.

I'll leave it with what I've posted so far; the others can claim victory if
they like.

Dan

T182T at 4R4

Rutan's pitch had nothing to do with his climate science expertice.
The pitch dealt with Data Presentation Fraud. Instead of being
critical of Rutan, download his PowerPoint slides and be sure you look
also at the speaker's notes. The PPT file can be downloaded at
http://rps3.com/

Old August 15th 09, 01:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke[_2_]

"Matt Barrow" wrote:

Go away, Matty, before you get smashed again.

Hey, Dan, have you ever figured out the difference between Humidity and
Relative Humidity.

You are referring, of course, to your claim the humidity was 99% during the
hottest part of the day in the in the Chicago heat wave. You pulled that
straight out of your ass, Matty, as you do most things you post. I showed
you back then how that was bull**** . You fled, after some lame remark
about the "heat index".

Now you're trying to claim you were talking about the *other* humidity?

Haw-haw-haw! You're an absolute laff riot, Matty.

Did you ever find out why your CO2 refutation was off by a foctor of 100?

*boggle* Do you imagine Google Groups has stopped working so you can lie
like this with impunity?

It was your Ol' Perfesser, some crank you found on one of your wingnut
hangouts, who was off.

Think back, hard, Matty; concentrate. We've had almost this exact
conversation before. You looked like a fool then and you look like a fool
now.

http://tinyurl.com/ns975r

And speaking of lies, how about the time you claimed you'd plonked Logajan
just so you could avoid answering him? But you hadn't, had you?

And can you explain what happened to Mann's "Hockey Stick", why the IPCC
dropped it?

Uh, yes. It was in the 2001 report. There was a new IPCC report in 2007,
using newer research. March of science, right, Matty?

Not that, as it turns out, there was anything substantially wrong with
MBH98. Several subsequent NH temperature proxy studies by other scientists
have produced graphs shaped like...guess what?

I have cites. You know I do.

(Kdding. Please stick around. I enjoy the loon-whacking.)

Whacking off again, Dan?

You're completely delusional. You and your goons, birds-of-a-feather are
finished, got it!

Mmm, no, Matty. What I've got is a few idle minutes to whack one of the
goofiest denier loons I've encountered.

(That would be you, Matty.)

Well, Dan, Please explain the processes that kindle the initial
temperature rises and whether or not those same processes remain
operative.

You can also explain how the temperature drops while CO2 concentrations
remain elevated.

Only with logical fallicies and links to whackjobs that have been refuted
or shown to be blatently fraudulent.

*yawn* Arm waving and spit blowing from Matty.

Do you know what the National Academy of Sciences is, Matty? Do you know
its accuracy record over 140 years of reporting to Congress on scientific
questions? Have you followed the progression of its reports on AGW over the
last two decades? Do you know what it is saying now?

Could it be that CO2 is NOT a significant cause of climate change?

It is so insignificant as to be irrelevant.

The emerging data is showing warming to be something like 98% ocean
currents and solar activity (about a 99% correlation and a good
explanation of causation).

********. TSI has not risen in concert with temperature and CO2 over the
last 30+ years:

Plenty of cites for this, too. But you don't really don't care, do you?

That's why the AGW crowd is getting desperate.

You're just whistling past the graveyard, Matty. Hell, even Newt Gingrich
has given it up being a denier. You should, too.

--
Dan

T182T at 4R4

Old August 17th 09, 10:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_8_]

"burt" wrote in message
On Aug 8, 7:08 am, "Dan Luke" wrote:
"Morgans" wrote:
Dan, if you are as smart as you think you are, you would realize that the
two sides of this argument will never agree, and it does not matter what
proof you claim to have. In result, you would just quit arguing, and move
on to a different subject, without caring who gets the last word.

The same thing could be said to the other people arguing with Dan.
--

Rutan's pitch had nothing to do with his climate science expertice.
The pitch dealt with Data Presentation Fraud. Instead of being
critical of Rutan, download his PowerPoint slides and be sure you look
also at the speaker's notes. The PPT file can be downloaded at
http://rps3.com/

Quite interesting. I've seen severtal of these misrepresentations, but a few new
ones in there.

The explanation of the forcing action of CO2 and how the doubling effect is only
a levels starting a near zero (and rising linearly, rather than logarithmically
and reaching the peak at a much lower level than we're at), is well stated but
could be explained in lieu of the models that predicted wrongly.

Matt

Old August 20th 09, 02:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Franklin[_7_]

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 23:07:08 -0400, Jessica wrote:

Frankly,

Please don't feed this assclown troll.
Old August 20th 09, 02:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Franklin[_7_]

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 23:00:54 -0400, Jessica wrote:

Hmmm,

Please don't feed the assclown troll.
Old August 20th 09, 02:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Franklin[_7_]

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 23:09:55 -0400, Jessica wrote:

So,

Assclown troll warning.