LVSSA - Las Vegas

Old January 7th 05, 09:06 PM

Default LVSSA - Las Vegas

Trying to answer some questions for out-of-state friends and looking
for past and present LVSSA member's actual experiences getting their
licenses and access to gliders with this group in Jean NV.

Aside from their home page skinny and the usual spiel from officers who
want your $$ -

1. How many (active) members actualy fly their 4 gliders?

2. What months are the instructors regularly available and when are
they least available?

Just email me if you want to be candid off of the group. Want to hear
all the highlights and the downside too.

Thanks,

kb

Old January 7th 05, 11:26 PM
BTIZ

kb... why don't you just call us or come down for a visit.. or send me a
personal email..
and please call us by our correct acronym.. you got to many Ss and not
enough Vs LOL

For what it's worth.. we have reached our normal saturation level of new
students during the winter months so we will be closing to new memberships
this year unless you already hold a glider rating.

"We want dollars so we can maintain our equipment, which we do on a shoe
string budget... but compare our charges to the membership to any other club
or commercial operation and you will find that our costs are below many
clubs".

- No "cost to join" other than 1 yrs dues up front. No "capital contribution
fee" that you will find at other clubs.
- Able to reduce your next years Dues by up to 50% for just 1 day volunteer
work a month.
- Pay for what you fly, not a flat rate even if you never fly.
- Cheap tow fee

1. as with any normal club, approximately 30% of the entire membership is
"active",
2. Instructors are regularly available almost year round, how ever most do
take the summer off or a few weekends during the summer to fly their own
equipment. We do not take students in late spring and summer because other
than learning to thermal, the air is too rough to learn to stay on tow.
Winter is our training months. Summer is cross country time.

Please email me direct (remove the usual in the email address) if you would
like answers, or question some naysayers.. every club has them, especially
those we have asked to leave the club for their irresponsible flying or
their poor financial management.

I'll put my name here... who are you?
Bill
President, LVVSA

oups.com...

Old January 9th 05, 06:59 PM
BTIZ

based on your email address I take it you work for K.B.Homes.. in Las
Vegas.. your AOL profile is not filled in.

Interesting that there have been no usegroup replies.. if you have received
direct replies that appear adverse.. I would like the opportunity to discuss
them with you.. this is the only way we can attempt to correct what others
may feel is broken...

or explain why something happened or a decision made that may have ruffled
one pilots feathers..
could be your out of state friend would feel the same way we do about it and
decide that it is not an adverse issue but a complimentary one..

As club President I would be interested in all replies.. pro and con, you
can edit them to keep the sender anonymous

BT

oups.com...

Old January 10th 05, 12:38 AM
J McD

So, Karen and Michael Henderson... what is your REAL agenda in asking these
questions?
We've tried to be up front in our relationship with you. Why don't you do
the same? Or do you prefer working in the background?
Jay McDaniel, LVVSA

oups.com...

Old January 11th 05, 01:51 AM
BTIZ

Just so everyone in the newsgroup knows...
kbh2u that posted the original question is actually Northwest Soaring dba
Las Vegas Glider Rides in Jean NV.. Rather than walk across the ramp and
talk to us.. he's trying to determine if he can get enough business to
actually try to provide instruction.. my bad for assuming that this was a
legitimate question from a local realtor.

What he (they) do not know is that only the Board at LVVSA actually monitors
this news group..
and you will notice that they have not responded back to the news group..
and you should also know, that a special Airport Safety meeting was
scheduled by the Airport Manager to accommodate his schedule, and then he
failed to show. The airport manager, the jump school and the glider club
were in attendance.

BT, LVVSA

oups.com...

Old January 12th 05, 03:38 AM

I would just like to get the $3300 in bad checks recieved from you and
your businesses made good. It is individuals like you and your business
fronts that tarnish the sport and make it more expensive for all of us.