Piper Supercub

Old November 24th 05, 02:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Piper Supercub

Anyone know what a stock, VFR, just a radio, transponder and intercom,
1965 Supercub with 6000 TT and 200 since Airpower rebuild (but NOT zero
time) engine would be worth? Considering purchase.

Old November 24th 05, 02:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

When did it get new fabric and what kind of mods are on it?

Curator nor crater
karl
oups.com...

Old November 24th 05, 03:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

It's had new fabric, and like I said an engine, but not zero time. The
fabric is about 10 years old. The plane overall, is an 8, or "good". No
major modifications. I am sure it would pass a punch test. It has a
150 HP engine. Basic VFR, just a radio, intercom and transponder and
ELT (guess I forgot that one). No findable corrosion from normal
inspection. Been in South Carolina and Florida though. Been hangared.
No recent damage (last 20 years).

Old November 24th 05, 04:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

In article . com,
"Doug" wrote:

It's had new fabric, and like I said an engine, but not zero time. The
fabric is about 10 years old. The plane overall, is an 8, or "good". No
major modifications. I am sure it would pass a punch test. It has a
150 HP engine. Basic VFR, just a radio, intercom and transponder and
ELT (guess I forgot that one). No findable corrosion from normal
inspection. Been in South Carolina and Florida though. Been hangared.
No recent damage (last 20 years).

What are the conversions of the lift struts?
There was a service bulletin or AD several years ago that applies to all
the old Pipers.
Old November 24th 05, 04:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

What size engine? You said "stock" so no modifications and not Experimental
Category? Standard tires? Float kit? How old and what shape is the fabric
in? Recent punch test #s? Converted "PA18/A" or straight PA18? What state
(location) is it in? Tubeing been inspected lately? Ever near sal****er?

Could be $30,000.... could be $80,000.

Jim

oups.com...

Old November 24th 05, 05:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

All AD's are current. In particular, that one has been taken care of.

Old November 24th 05, 05:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

It sounds like a nice light SC. If it's been hangered for the last 10 years
(since the fabric was replaced and the tubing inspected) and the last 10
years have been away from salt water, I'd imagine it's a pretty solid
airplane.

The 150 will make it lighter than a 160 conversion or a 180hp, which in
certain parts of the country will more than make up for the price difference
between a 150 and a 180. For the rest of the country, where weight and
short strips are not a concern, the 150hp will be discounted. By how much?
I'm not sure. I used to keep better track.

All other things considered, it sounds like a middle of the road, solid SC.
Not a recent total rebuild that may bring crazy prices, nor an early 50's ag
conversion. My target would be some where around 50-60K. The 80K SC's are
usually recent (not new) rebuilds, frame up with fresh 180hp engines. And I
honestly don't know if they ever sell for that much.

Join SuperCub.org. lots of good stuff there.

Jim

"Doug" wrote in message
oups.com...
All AD's are current. In particular, that one has been taken care of.