West Coast Motorglider Fly-in 2010, Minden, NV June 25-27+

Old January 20th 10, 04:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jb92563

Default West Coast Motorglider Fly-in 2010, Minden, NV June 25-27+

Touring Motor Glider Fly-In 2010

The Second Annual West Coast Fly-In will be held June 25 – 27 at
Minden, Nevada. Activities will include flying, technical discussions,
a show and tell, Friday night Basque dinner, Saturday night BBQ, and
flying.
SoaringNV at Minden will again be the on-site host. SoaringNV will
just be finishing up a glider cross-country camp so there will be a
lot of glider activity out there.

This year we are planning an optional fly-out after the main event to
Cedar City/Parawan, Utah, where the Auxiliary Sailplane Association
will be holding their annual Camp & Contest (June 28 though August
8).
We plan on staging our group at the Cedar City airport. Everyone we’ve
talked to says that the Utah area is spectacular to fly in.

Last year we had 10 ships and 20 pilot/spectators at the event. A
great time was had by all, although the weather could have been more
cooperative. Pilots came from north and south California, the
southwest, and the northwest.

Contact Richard Pearl ) or Ray Buhr
) for details, comments, and suggestions.
Updated information will be posted in the Yahoo group site:
“Touring_Motor_Glider Fly-In”.
Join if you’re not already a member.

You need not have a glider to participate in the event, and I expect
that glider flights with participants can be arranged. Ray and I will
make basic arrangements with hotels, restaurants, and the airports.

Everyone is of course responsible for their own tie down fees, hotel,
and meal costs.

More details are they become available.

Ray

Old January 21st 10, 01:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Jan 20, 11:20*am, jb92563 wrote:
[...]

Too bad it overlaps with the start of the Open Nationals in Hobbs...

Maybe next year !
Best Regards, Dave "YO electric"