Video Entertainment for Club Annual Banquet

Old January 10th 05, 12:53 AM

Default Video Entertainment for Club Annual Banquet

I've been saddled (again) with the charge of organizing our club's
yearly banquet. As usual, I am struggling with how to entertain about
50 ornery pilots and their spouses for 3-4 hours. Aside from the
normal awards and keynote speech from our club president, I was hoping
to find a short video that might be on topic for the group. Maybe
20-25 minutes or less, preferably soaring related.
Anyone out there got something they could share? I'd be very grateful.

Old January 10th 05, 01:09 AM
Ray Lovinggood

For a couple or three years, one of our club members
produced a dvd which consisted of still photos and
videos, shot during the year. He edited all the shots,
adding music and special effects. The resulting disc
was always the highlight of our Christmas dinner, in
my humble opinion.

This year (ok, for 2004), he didn't have the time to
do it. :-(

Since our Christmas dinner brings many club members
together to celebrate Christmas and the year that just
ended, it was always nice to look back with pictures.

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA

Old January 10th 05, 01:37 AM
Mal.com

I have been making my own DVDs using sonics mydvd
http://www.sonic.com/products/mydvd/...te/default.asp you can download
a working demo it runs for 50 times or 14 days.

Apart from making my own movies http://www.mals.net/ncw04/NarromineCup04.wmv
50mb http://www.mals.net/scgc/bunyan2003.WMV 10mb

All my pictures from my website are also on DVD I download other quality
movies and burn them onto DVD

As your in the USA the format is NTSC Europe and Australia have PAL this
will be the first problem you encounter.

http://www.mals.net/

Playing back IGC files is also great fun if members have some
http://www.mals.net/igcfiles/ all mine are going up in this directory over
the next few days.

Mal

Old January 10th 05, 10:43 AM
Walter Kronester

Hava a look he
http://www.alpenstreckenflug.de/text...dingvideos.htm
But dont show 'Elevator' nor the other movies from Irene vd Zwan
to the spouses, or it might well be that your friends will have to share
gliders in near future ;-) !
--
Have a nice Banquet
Walter

Old January 11th 05, 10:46 AM
Mal.com

Sorry had to close www.mals.net

Web Traffic (as at 10/01/2005)¹ 9518.74Mb charged 8518.74Mb = $851.87
$851.87 $85.19 $937.06

The account was not upgraded as per my request to 10 gig one gig a day I
will have to work out something in the next few days.

They withdrew the charges nearly had a heart attack when I saw them.

What I need is a sponsor the cost for the site so I can get a upgrade to.

Disk Space 1 Gb
Outgoing Traffic Unlimited
Plus my unlimited ADSL to up load with
Cost per month $135.00 AUD

http://www.alpenstreckenflug.de/text...dingvideos.htm the guys
that run this site are having the same problems.

So HELP SOS

Mal

"Andrew Henderson" k wrote
in message ...

Old January 12th 05, 02:13 PM
Bob C

I have a DVD consisting of 6 minute clips of my airshow acro routines.
These include the Salto sailplane, the jet Silent sailplane, the Skybolt
biplane and the biplane night pyro show. Reply with a mailing address
and I'll send a copy.

You can see shorter clips (about 1 minute each) on my website.

Bob Carlton
Silent Wings Airshows
Albuquerque, NM
505-275-5945