Cobra Trailer Hookup

Old January 12th 05, 05:09 AM
keithw

If the trailer became unhitched and broke away from the tow vehicle and
was involved in an accident where damages and injury occured....what
insurance policy would the damages be claimed against ?

*note* answers to this question may differ depending on local laws.

--
keithw
- A website for Australian Pilots regardless of when, why, or what they fly -

Old January 12th 05, 05:46 AM
Ted Wagner

Seems to me that if this is happening, the hitch height may be too low. When
I look at my trailer hitch (front) wheel when it's stowed all the way up, I
can't imagine the wheel touching the ground in any circumstances.

I leave the wheel there mostly because I need the tongue weight. Checking
that it's tight and secure each time I stop is part of my routine.

eltedro/2NO

"John Sinclair" wrote in message
I thought the same thing until I wore big flat spots
in 2 tires. It happens as you enter or leave gas stations.
Tow vehicle rear wheels drop into the low drainage
area at the curb, trailer wheel contacts pavement,
can't swivel because we pulled it all the way up and
locked it. BTW, I'm convinced this is the scenario
that over-stresses your trailer tongue and leads to
failure.
JJ

At 20:00 11 January 2005, wrote:
I think removing, carrying and reinstalling the jack
is too much
hassle.
I thread a chain through the jack's wheel housing and
attach both ends
via a climber's snap clamp to the trailer's tow bar.
Takes about 20
seconds.
Bela

Old January 12th 05, 03:08 PM
John Sinclair

I set my hitch height so that the trailer is parallel
to the road surface, about 16 inches, if memory serves
me. The problem is most prominent when towing behind
a motor home with long over-hang, but I wore a flat
spot on my brand new Discus on the way home from the
dock, towing it behind a Dodge mini-van.
JJ

At 06:30 12 January 2005, Ted Wagner wrote:
[...]

COBRA Skin Trailer Protector - Commercial John Seaborn Soaring 0 July 20th 04 04:38 PM
Cobra Trailer Axel Replacement Carter Soaring 7 July 7th 04 02:06 PM
Cobra Trailer Question Deputy Dog Soaring 7 January 3rd 04 03:11 PM
Cobra Trailer Soaring 1 September 28th 03 01:14 PM
Cobra trailer fittings for different glider makes & models John W Soaring 4 September 24th 03 03:21 PM