Project Aces 3D

Old September 9th 06, 04:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.simulators

Default Project Aces 3D

Ok, for all of you that love the Ace Combat Series, me and a buch of
others from the forum AceCombatSkies.com are creating Project Aces 3D
Quote from cbale2000 (the founder of the project)
Project ACES 3D was born from an idea to recreate aspects of the Ace
Combat world and put them in a user controled 3D world of the fans
choice, allowing vitually unlimited possibilites and the ability to
create Ace Combat style 3D movies, animated FanFics, and many other
usefull things.

This was all inspired by a 3D movie I saw once that someone had made on
thier own 3D modeling program. You can veiw this movie HERE, or save it
to your PC HERE (The save to your PC link will go bad after 30 days of
no use, let me know if this happens and I'll upload it again smile.gif
).

The Project enlists the use of several animation, video, image, and
audio editing programs, including (But not limited to):

3D Studio Max 7 (AKA: 3Ds Max)
Adobe Photoshop
Adobe ImageReady
VirtualDub
Audacity
Windows Movie Maker

As anyone who has a basic knowlage of animation and/or video editing
will know, making animations (Rendering them particularly) takes a lot
of time for one computer. That is why I've set up what is known as a
"Render Colony" (Also occasionally reffered to as a "Render Farm") to
help speed things up. A Render Colony works by hooking up a bunch of
PCs to a network and combining thier prossesing power to allow
animations to prosses much faster than normal.

The project depends on help from volunteers with one or more of the
above mentioned programs. If you would like to volunteer please send me
a PM here or on any other AC related forum I'm on (And beleive me, I'm
on quite a few happy.gif ). We need all the help we can get so any help
you can give, even if it's just part time side work, would be greatly
appreciated. smile.gif

Does this site seem a little empty? Perhaps for now, but everthing
needs a starting point, so help make it a good one!

How good can a home made movie made by a bunch of people be you might
ask? Well, here are some samples of what home made 3D animation can do
(Most of these examples are very simple to make, an actual production
would have much higher quality):

Note, the click heres don't work, as I have just copied and pasted the
post.

Here is the link to the about post:
http://z14.invisionfree.com/Project_...ndpost&p=20807

And here is the Forum:
http://z14.invisionfree.com/Project_ACES_3D/index.php

Please post if you have any questions, we will try to get back to you
as soon as we can.

Thanks in advance,
Abhorsen from Project Aces 3D and the X-Squadron from ACS.com

Old September 26th 06, 10:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.simulators

wrote:
[...]

New trailer out courtesy of dArKsOuLwArRiOr
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIV6TLh7CLc