David Clark company

Old March 28th 07, 08:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mitch

Default David Clark company

For those of you who are power pilots out there, I would like you to
read this and see what kind of customer service is offered by David
Clark. I have arranged two E-Mails in chronological order (Top to
bottom) so you can see my experience. Great customer service such as
this is hard to find these days! This company replaced a $900 headset
that I was totally responsable for loosing! Read the following to see
what happened!

Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2007 8:58 PM
To: Degnan, Brian
Subject: Fantastic X-11

Dear David Clark,

I have been wearing an uncomfortable, inferior headset while flying my
1947 Cessna 120 for three years now. For Christmas this year, my
mother bought me an X-11 headset which made for one of my best
Christmas presents ever! All of a sudden, not only could I hear
clearly, I also no longer had a headache from the uncomfortable
headsets that I had on before. I absolutely LOVED my new headset, and
actually found myself flying MORE than I had in the past because of
the comfort level of your new headset.

I immediately recommended your headset to all my flying friends and I
know for a fact that at least three of them have purchased your
headset because of me. Everyone who has bought them has been delighted
with them. I know, for a fact that I will never be going back to any
brand other than David Clark!

This leads me to the sad part of my story. Last Saturday, I was given
the opportunity to get a ride in an open cockpit Waco Bi-Plane.
Without any hesitation, I took the opportunity! I grabbed my trusty
X-11 and hopped into the plane. Shortly after take-off in this amazing
machine, as I was looking side to side at the fantastic view out the
cockpit tragity struck! It turns out that your X-11 is SO light that
the slightest wind can blow it off your head. I didn't even know what
happened it was so fast! With a WOOSH and a blast of noise, my headset
was gone - out the side of the airplane, and to the ground. My friend,
who was flying the plane banked immediately and tried to watch it
fall. We saw the general area of the Texas scrub brush that it fell
into, so we landed and rounded up 15 people to conduct a search.
Unfortunately, 3 hours of searching later, my green headset hidden
somewhere in green scrub brush was never found.

Needless to say, I am pretty devastated over this loss. I had to fly
back home with my old headset, and landed with the same old headache.
I will be ordering a new X-11 headset as soon as I can save up enough
money to do so. I am a 2LT in the Air Force so it may take a while!
Meanwhile, I will be continuing to promote this great headset to all
my friends. I wanted your company to know what a great product you
made. Thank you, and I look forward to once again, having a
comfortable X-11 on my head!

-Mitch Hudson
REPLY:

Dear Mr. Hudson:

Because of this misfortune I'm willing to offer you a replacement
headset at no charge if you can first provide me proof of purchase.
Please fax me your sales receipt at your earliest convenience to
508-751-5858 along with your mailing address and a new replacement X11
headset will be sent to you.

Best Regards,
Brian P. Degnan
Customer Service Manager

Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2007 8:58 PM
To: Degnan, Brian

--
Scott
http://corbenflyer.tripod.com/
Old March 29th 07, 05:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Pete Brown

I had an old set of David Clarks whose mic was ruined by a young
passenger after a few loops. (Use your imagination.)

They were way out of warranty so I asked for a repair quote and was
given a figure that seemed reasonable to replace the mic and add new cords.

They came back nearly immediately looking new except for some scratches
I already had on the ear cups. But there was no bill.

I called the company and asked for the bill and was told that there was
no charge. I explained the warranty was expired and that I owed them for
the repair. The guy on the other end said the warranty still applied and
to have a nice day.

They have earned a reputation for unrivaled customer service. I still
have the headset and it must now have 15 years on the rebuild.

Pete Brown
Anchorage, Alaska

REPLY:

Dear Mr. Hudson:

Because of this misfortune I'm willing to offer you a replacement
headset at no charge if you can first provide me proof of purchase.
Please fax me your sales receipt at your earliest convenience to
508-751-5858 along with your mailing address and a new replacement X11
headset will be sent to you.

Best Regards,
Brian P. Degnan
Customer Service Manager

--

Peter D. Brown
http://home.gci.net/~pdb/

Old March 29th 07, 03:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Lew Hartswick

I've been using David Clark "ear muffs" for shooting and power tool
use for about 25 or 30 years. They are absolutely the most
comfortable and easy to use of the many others I've tried.
Picked up a spare set at a flea market that need a pair of cushions
for a few bucks. :-)
...lew...

Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2007 8:58 PM
To: Degnan, Brian

[...]

Lieutenant, If you had been studying like us taxpayers are paying you
for instead of out horsing around in airplanes, then you would still
have your headset. And by the way why isn't that headset sitting in
the Cessna? The Colonel (Huds)

Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2007 8:58 PM
To: Degnan, Brian

[...]

the Cessna? The Colonel (Huds)- Hide quoted text -

Colonel,

You're just lucky I don't hit old men...Sir

Ell-Tee

David Clark X11 Dan Owning 6 August 6th 06 05:54 AM
David Clark 13.4 Kobra Piloting 7 August 1st 06 11:01 PM
FA: 1-Day-Left: Noise Attenuating AVIATION HEADSET - David Clark Company Model H10-30 Steve Aviation Marketplace 0 June 17th 06 11:27 AM
FA: Noise Attenuating AVIATION HEADSET - David Clark Company Model H10-30 Adam Aviation Marketplace 1 June 10th 06 01:26 PM
FS: David Clark H10-60 "Like New" [email protected] Aviation Marketplace 0 April 9th 04 03:58 AM