NAVMAN GPS

Old April 8th 05, 06:36 PM
Mike Hostage

Default NAVMAN GPS

I am using it with an Ipaq 3955 and CE Glide. Since
they kindly modified the program to accept the NAVMAN's
unusual data rate, it has worked just fine. The 57600
baud rate has prevented me from using Glide Navigator
II. I have not tried WinPilot.

Mike

Old April 8th 05, 10:43 PM
Henryk Birecki

GPS_LOG WinCE will also work at the 57600 baud rate. Several people I
know of are using Navmans with it.

Henryk Birecki

Old April 9th 05, 02:02 AM
Dave Rolley

There is a version of the NavMan for the Palm OS machines that have the
universal connector on the bottom. Soaring Pilot allows you to
configure the speed of the port for the higher speed. Works well and
the 12v charging port on the NavMan will charge/power the Palm if it has
rechargeable batteries.

Dave Rolley

Old April 9th 05, 02:58 AM
Andy Blackburn

At 18:00 08 April 2005, Mike Hostage wrote:
I am using it with an Ipaq 3955 and CE Glide. Since
they kindly modified the program to accept the NAVMAN's
unusual data rate, it has worked just fine. The 57600
baud rate has prevented me from using Glide Navigator
II. I have not tried WinPilot.

Mike

Works with WinPilot (last time I checked with Advanced
only). Works fine,
but it sucks batteries dry in a couple of hours so
you need an external
power source. I found it lost the GPS signal pretty
frequently too - enough
to be annoying.

9B

Old April 9th 05, 03:56 AM
Paul Remde

Hi,

Glide Navigator II now supports the high Baud rate for NAVMAN users.

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

Old April 9th 05, 07:00 PM
wiktor256

Mike Hostage wrote:
I am using it with an Ipaq 3955 and CE Glide. Since
they kindly modified the program to accept the NAVMAN's
unusual data rate, it has worked just fine. The 57600
baud rate has prevented me from using Glide Navigator
II. I have not tried WinPilot.

Mike

Try GpsGate from http://www.franson.com/gpsgate/
This little software is quite useful.

Wiktor

Old April 11th 05, 04:43 PM
Joseph L. Hyde

I have connected Glide Navigator II with a Navman 3450. The beta versions
with the new baud rate selection will function. I was not able to get any
gps altitude (elevation) data though. Any ideas? BTW I did find a compact
flash gps called global sat on ebay these things are sellling for about 65
us dollars and work like a charm, with no problems connecting to GNII.

Joe Hyde

Old April 13th 05, 12:33 PM

I found that a gps reset took care of everything, and the GPS now
reports altitude. Tech help from Navman wasn't helpful - I actually got
the solution from a small program, supplied by Space Machine -
PocketMap Navigator (its a road navigation program - quite good too).
The program is called CE Monitor, and it has a feature which allows you
to reset the GPS. After performing the reset, all data communicated
properly with WinPilot, including altitude. The link to their site's
tech support where the program can be downloaded is:

http://www.pocketmap.com/accessories...g.html#GENERAL

Regarding lost GPS signal: I haven't had an opportunity to test the
3450 in a glider yet, but I did purchase an external antenna, just in
case I encountered any signal blockage.

Old May 25th 05, 11:50 AM
Derek Ruddock

I had the same problem with my 3450SE. Turned out that
the unit was not outputting the GGA sentence that SeeYou
mobile requires(even though the spec sheets say it
does). I found a little utility to update it to send
the GGA sentences.
Take a look at the See You Mobile forum for details

NAVMAN GPS [email protected] Soaring 0 April 7th 05 09:19 PM
Navman PiN Pocket PC for glider usage [email protected] Soaring 1 February 8th 05 12:17 AM
Question about GNII Joseph L. Hyde Soaring 5 December 20th 04 06:10 PM
Strepla or Win Pilot Mal Soaring 16 December 4th 04 09:37 PM