NAVMAN 3450 - Help for Users/ Owners

Old May 24th 05, 11:24 PM
Tim Mara

Default NAVMAN 3450 - Help for Users/ Owners

If there's anyone out there looking for the Navman 3450 I have a brand new
one here in the box you can have for $150.00
I bought it to try with glider PDA set-ups but never pursued the project
since we already offer LX GPS Mouse, data-loggers and TomTom Navigators and
I just don't need additional items to inventory....it may work OK with
Glider PDA software but a quick try didn't connect with Navigator .but, if
you have a PDA set-up already for flying, it sure would make a great gadget
regardless for street mapping when you're looking for a restaurant at a
contest, or even for tracking down the pilot who's landed
out!.....or.whatever )
tim
Wings & Wheels
www.wingsandwheels.com

wrote in message
ups.com...
In an older thread I noticed some complaints about the excessive
satellite acquire time required for this GPS. I found a solution which
results in 1 minute or less lock times. A Free utility called GPS
monitor can be downloaded from the following link:

http://www.pocketmap.com/accessories...itor_Setup.zip

If you run this program, it will get satellite lock within a minute (at
least, that has been my experience). I noticed a file with a DAT
extension in the directory where the program resides in my iPAQ. Maybe
the program is storing previous satellite-lock data to help lock in
quicker (just guessing). You will need to end the program completely
before running any other Nav program such as Win Pilot
(start-settings-system-memory-running.programs-stop running program).

If I start winpilot right after doing this, it immediately recognizes
the Navman GPS. This utility also has the ability to reset the Navman
to factory default conditions. I found this necessary after running
that SmartST V2 program which came with the Navman.

I've tested the Navman with my iPAQ 3835 (no back light on - doesn't
need it when its sunny out). So far, I have 3-1/2 hours of continuous
use, and the iPAQ battery level remaining at 59%.

I haven't had any satellite loss problems as reported by others (I was
flying rear seat in a G103). I did purchase an external antenna but
have not had to use it.

I hope this report helps those of you who own a Navman sleeve GPS.

Navman 3450 Doug Snyder Soaring 7 May 10th 05 02:20 PM
NAVMAN GPS [email protected] Soaring 0 April 7th 05 09:19 PM
1966 Owner's Manual scupper79 Piloting 5 February 9th 05 12:41 AM
Navman PiN Pocket PC for glider usage [email protected] Soaring 1 February 8th 05 12:17 AM
R22 owners please help with AD 2004-06-52 rotortrash Rotorcraft 20 April 28th 04 04:33 PM