UK RNAS Culdrose Airshow- anyone going?

Old July 4th 03, 11:29 PM
Joe landy

Default UK RNAS Culdrose Airshow- anyone going?

Hi all, Believe it's soon the weekend of Culdrose airshow. Anyone going?
In fact, some web pages quote the 19th, others quote 16th. I thought it was
on for 2 or 3 days?
I'm in Cambridgeshire, so it's a bit of a trek by road. Anyone from my area
dropping in by air? I'd be interested in hitching a ride!!
Oh well, had to give it a try! Be great to catch a few pics of Gazelles
trotting about, and sea kings doing what they were made for. Still working
on a Radio controlled model Gazelle, so pictures are always a bonus.
Got my holiday in cornwall booked later in the year so I slipped up a bit
really. Not to worry, soon be Helitech 2003 time.
Cheers all.

Joe Landy.
Remove NO dot SPAM to mail me.

Old July 5th 03, 06:55 AM
Anne-Marie Maddison

Hi Joe .Ive got a radio controlled hirobo gazelle in navy sharks colours .
Model is stunning Bought it 10 year ago and it sits on my shelf . Does fly
but not at the moment . I tried to get some instructions in the past to no
avail thought . enjoy the show
cheers
Ben

Old July 5th 03, 11:45 AM
Stevenatherton

can you get a r/c gaz in raf colours
Old July 5th 03, 08:16 PM
Joe landy

Hi all.
Seems that no-one makes a R/C Gaz at the moment. Well, there is a company
called Sitar who make a plastic/nylon fuselage. Not sure what mechanics they
recommend using with it though. They don't list a price either, except to
say that if you have to ask, you can't afford it!
As for RAF colours, you'd have to paint it yourself, and use trimlines where
necessary.
Right, back to the model.helicopter ng to continue model talk.
don't want to upset anyone!
bye.

Old July 5th 03, 08:22 PM
Joe landy

Hold on mister atherton, aren't you the chappy who knows the owner of G-UGLY
Alouette 2?
I have made a model alouette too, but it still requires some detailing.
Flies superb though.
would still be great to see one of the beasts in the flesh (metal?).
Working on Aerospatiale AS355 F2 twin squirrel at the moment, a big model!
copying my local Police helicopter livery, but have just learned that
they're soon changing it for an EC135! Better get a new fuselage on order
from my local model shop!
Bye.

news

Old July 6th 03, 11:23 AM
Stevenatherton

jo
yes and no
steve has sold it now i belive its got a new reg too

steve has a hiller 12c now and ive still got my 600 [in bits] and i have just
git a ex raf gazzer

steve