online avnews ... what's it good for?

Old December 18th 03, 06:35 PM
virga

Default online avnews ... what's it good for?

....and what would you like to see there.
it just seems to me that maybe the excitement and spark is gone. AVweb
was probably the first and surely the best, but now it's one of many.
Zoom's online rag is daily, but his history makes all of the content
questionable. EAA and AOPA are a bit too much spin for my taste.

I'm going to write a letter to AVweb and want your input. What are these
services good for these days and how do you think they could serve us
better?

Old December 18th 03, 10:37 PM
jon

It used to make great reading, not any more. Now AOPA has maybe one article
per day, Avweb has nothing much and what it does have is all reprints from
the magazines I already receive. The only on that is holding my interest is
www.aero-news.net

Jon

Old December 18th 03, 10:53 PM
virga

wow.
aero-news over AVweb? How's that work?

Old December 18th 03, 11:53 PM
virga

Not for nothing, but what magazines are you getting that are putting out
informed in depth analysis of aviation events two days after they
happen? AVweb's stuff might be a day later than aero-news, but the news
appears much better researched, cleaner, well-written and to the point
and the content seems much more focussed..

All I ever see on aero-news is long lumbering messy stories about
everything and nothing at all, mixed with straight press releases, and
faa accident reports and zoomisms. It's all over the place. ... Is that
what you like about it?

Old December 19th 03, 12:00 AM
Bob Noel

In article , "jon"
wrote:

It used to make great reading, not any more. Now AOPA has maybe one
article
per day, Avweb has nothing much and what it does have is all reprints
from
the magazines I already receive. The only on that is holding my interest
is
www.aero-news.net

I unsubscribed to it a while back and don't miss it at all.

--
Bob Noel
Old December 19th 03, 12:06 AM
virga

when you did read it, what did you like about it?
and when you stopped, why?

Old December 19th 03, 01:01 AM
jon

Let me expand on my previous post.

I used to get the avweb news via e-mail and liked it allot. I guess I
stopped getting it via e-mail and forgot to go to the web site to read it
every so often. I just checked out the avweb newswire and it looks as good
as I remembered it. I will re subscribe..
The other avweb content that I was talking about is the content taken from
IFR, ifr refresher, aviation safety, and their other publications. It just
duplicates what I already get in the magazines.

Old December 19th 03, 01:03 AM
john smith

Try www.ainonline.com
Old December 19th 03, 02:01 AM
Bob Noel

In article , virga
wrote:

when you did read it, what did you like about it?

there were occasional articles of interest.

and when you stopped, why?

After they went to HTML emails, they then splashed ads
all over the place instead of keeping them seperate
(the format didn't clearly distinquish ads from articles).

The last straw was their attitude in an email exchange
following their format change (it wasn't the main reason,
it just clinched it).

--
Bob Noel