Precision Airmotive LLC

Old November 4th 07, 01:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe

Default Precision Airmotive LLC

"Alex G." wrote in message

"Stealth Pilot" wrote in message

so what you are hinting is that the country of manufacture needs a
legal system with no respect for US law and needs to be close enough
for mail order. the customer doing the mail order becomes the importer
no?

that makes Cuba the perfect location :-)

Nothing wrong with Cuba, but why are you so anxious to export
manufacturing? Lawyers have screwed up the US legal system to the point
where the guilty party is always the one with the largest pockets. It's
not about any real liability any longer, it's about getting money. I'd
love to see judges start inflicting huge fines on the practitioners of
these far reaching money grabs, take away their licenses, lock the
*******s up. Get back to a little common sense.

But then how would the Judge get re-elected if he doesn't have the money
from the lawyers to run his campaign?

--
Geoff
The Sea Hawk at Wow Way d0t Com

Old November 4th 07, 02:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ron Natalie

john smith wrote:

This is similar to how BD Maule managed Maule for years.

Dave Blanton did the same thing in the 80's.

Or you can do Bede's liability dodge by going out of business before
delivering any product.
Old November 4th 07, 03:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Cy Galley

Here's why carbs are being discontinued...

http://arthuralanwolk.com/_wsn/page2.html

Our old friend Alan Wolk that almost wiped out AvWeb. Look at the other
suites he posts. He's doing more to reduce flying accidents than the FAA.
Of course, No Flying means No flying accidents.

"Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe" The Sea Hawk at wow way d0t com wrote in message
"Morgans" wrote in message

"Jerry Wass" wrote

Maybe this will be the push that the gubermint needs to pass some kind of
protection for individual parts makers, similar to what was done for
small aircraft manufacturers some years back.

Somewhere, somehow, I'm hopeful that the gubermint will do something to
make it less attractive to let everyone going sue-happy.

Crazy, yes. I still hope it happens, though. It NEEDS to happen,
anyway.
--
Jim in NC

I suspect that the "protection" for the aircraft manufacturers is the
reason that the insurance for suppliers has gone up - they are next in
line in the food chain.

Old November 4th 07, 05:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Alex G.[_3_]

I blamed the lawyers before I even knew about this. Lawyers screw up
everything they touch, it's not about liability or fairness or common sense,
it about money. they should all hang, every single one of 'em. If you're a
lawyer and you're offended, that's fine with me, be offended---Then get a
real job you leech!

Old November 4th 07, 05:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
clare at snyder.on.ca

On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 22:10:58 +0900, Stealth Pilot
wrote:

On Sat, 03 Nov 2007 19:36:25 -0500, Andy Asberry
wrote:

On Sat, 3 Nov 2007 08:51:02 +0100, "Rob Turk"
wrote:

"Jerry Springer" wrote in message
Peter Nielson
Product Support Mgr.
Precision Airmotive LLC
14800 40th Ave NE
Marysville, WA 98271

360-651-8282

Subject: Letter to Industry

Here is the text of a letter we are sending out to the industry today.

Precision Airmotive LLC has discontinued sales of all float
carburetors and component parts as of November 1, 2007. This
unfortunate situation is a result of our inability to obtain products
liability insurance for the product line.

This is really sad news and scary to say the least. If it becomes a trend
then there will be ever less companies able to produce aircraft parts. Loss
of product, loss of jobs. Maybe they should consider outsourcing their
production to a less litigious country? That would help reducing the
insurance premium.

Rob

Under US law, if a manufacturer has no place of business in the US,
the importer is considered the manufacturer.

Google for Foreign Tire Sales in New Jersey.

--Andy Asberry--
------Texas-----

so what you are hinting is that the country of manufacture needs a
legal system with no respect for US law and needs to be close enough
for mail order. the customer doing the mail order becomes the importer
no?

that makes Cuba the perfect location :-)

Cuba? China!!
Everything else is made thare, and it appears impossible toassign
liability there.

Old November 4th 07, 07:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Tri-Pacer

Does this mean our engines will soon be on a low-carb diet??

Fuel injected engines have zero carbs.

But that zero carb diet makes em lazy. Really hard to get them up and
running on a warm day------

Old November 4th 07, 07:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Rob Turk[_2_]

"Alex G." wrote in message
I blamed the lawyers before I even knew about this. Lawyers screw up
everything they touch, it's not about liability or fairness or common
sense, it about money. they should all hang, every single one of 'em. If
you're a lawyer and you're offended, that's fine with me, be
offended---Then get a real job you leech!

Question: What do you call 100 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean
Answer: I don't know, but it sounds like a good start!

Old November 5th 07, 01:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Scott[_1_]

But your wife WILL sue if you're gone because she will probably want
some security money. And if you're gone they won't be able to sue you.
Can't imagine them going after your wife since she would undoubtedly
say she had no knowledge of you even OWNING a plane!

Scott

Ernest Christley wrote:

Yes. Ford makes mine. But they don't know that I'm putting their
Mexican built parts in a Japanese built rotary engine to fly an American
built airplane. I'm warning my wife that if I die because of the
injectors, that she shouldn't sue in case they counter sue against me
for crimes against nature...or nationality...or good sense...or who
knows what.

Old November 5th 07, 02:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Alex G.[_3_]

I don't think I would put a carb on without verifying things like bowl
screws were tight. I usually dissasemble and clean things like this before
use, and that's for a lawnmower or outboard. What was the mechanic doing? I
have witnessed Continental exhaust valves sticking, usually they were badly
carboned up- operator error? Who knows? I doubt the lawyers allowed anyone
with any mechanical experience on the jury, in fact I'd bet on it.

"Cy Galley" wrote in message
Here's why carbs are being discontinued...

http://arthuralanwolk.com/_wsn/page2.html

Our old friend Alan Wolk that almost wiped out AvWeb. Look at the other
suites he posts. He's doing more to reduce flying accidents than the
FAA. Of course, No Flying means No flying accidents.

You may be right, Alex, but after reading the article Cy referenced I have
to ask myself if Precision really does deliver carbs with loose screws.
If that truly is the case, then they deserve to be submarined. The article
indicates that there is a history of problems that Precision and Teledyne
couldn't be bothered to deal with. This sounds like the actions of a
company with monopoly power, ie, "We don't need to fix it. Who else are
they going to buy from?" Our liability laws are screwy beyond belief, but
knowingly putting someone else's life at risk deserves severe punishment.

Old November 5th 07, 02:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Cy Galley

The article lists a sticking valve as one of the causes. This means the
plane and CARB had been in service for some time. How many A&Ps worked on
it since new. Why weren't they part of the suite? Maybe, just maybe,
Precision and Teledyne had deeper pockets than all the mechanics that missed
the loose screws!