Two MOH Winners say Bush Didn't Serve

Old June 10th 04, 04:55 PM
Tammy

No. Why don't you fill us in.

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in message ink.net...
"Tammy" wrote in message
om...

I know that Kerry earned four or five medals for bravery under fire or
similar action. Does anyone know how many medals for heroism Cheney
and Bush earned. I heard that it was less than Kerry.

It appears some of those awards were likely unearned. Have you heard why
Kerry didn't complete his Vietnam service?

Old June 10th 04, 05:13 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Tammy" wrote in message
om...

No. Why don't you fill us in.

I haven't heard either. It appears Kerry won't talk about it.

Old June 10th 04, 05:34 PM
Leslie Swartz

The first time you posted this, you were mistaken (as refuted in this
venue).

The second time you posted this, you were a liar (as refuted again in this
venue).

Now that you have posted this untruth a third time, what does that make you?

Steve Swartz

"George Z. Bush" wrote in message

Nobody gets to COLLECT the money. Trudeau was giving it to a charity
of his choice.

That's true....the contest rules were that if someone presented credible

and
valid evidence of Bush's military service, the money would be donated in

his
name to the USO. Here's the rule and, if you don't believe me, I've also
included the link so you can see for yourself:

"Q: Is there some sort of hitch?
A: Well, yes, but it's a hitch for a good cause. The winner won't actually
receive the reward for himself; instead we'll be donating $10,000 in his

name to
the USO. That way everyone's a winner, including GBT's tax accountant"

http://www.doonesbury.com/strip/bush_guard.html

He only gave it to the USO after unsuccessfully waiting for months for

somebody
to come forward with some credible evidence. When nobody did, he turned

the
money over to the USO even though there was no winner.

George Z.

Old June 10th 04, 07:10 PM
Jim Yanik

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote in
k.net:

"Tammy" wrote in message
om...

No. Why don't you fill us in.

I haven't heard either. It appears Kerry won't talk about it.

Gee,what's he got to hide?

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik-at-kua.net
Old June 10th 04, 07:15 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
.. .

Gee,what's he got to hide?

To be fair, there may be nothing to hide. But not talking about it at all
suggests there is something to hide. With the way his campaign has been
going you can bet that if he believed it would help he'd be talking about it
everywhere.

Old June 10th 04, 07:20 PM
John S. Shinal

(WalterM140) wrote:
Did he bail early? Alleged, unproven

No it's not. Follow this link:

http://users.cis.net/coldfeet/ANG22.gif
It shows 5 years, 4 months and 5 days service out of a six year commitment.

This period of the Vietnam era, a lot of people in every
service branch were released early, particularly Reserve or Warrant
officers. It was called a 'drop' and was done as an administrative
matter all the time. A drop of over 180 days is notable, but 90 day
drops were common. If you want to allege influence, it was over the
length of the drop, not over the fact that he got one.

Old June 10th 04, 07:35 PM
Ed Rasimus

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 18:08:22 +0000 (UTC), Jim Yanik
wrote:

I got a 6 month "early out" in 1974 from the USAF.I jumped at the chance to
get it,was the first one to apply on my base.(LG Hanscom Fld,Ma.)

My advice is don't run for political office.

Ed Rasimus
Fighter Pilot (USAF-Ret)
"When Thunder Rolled"
Smithsonian Institution Press
ISBN #1-58834-103-8
Old June 10th 04, 09:22 PM
George Z. Bush

"Ed Rasimus" wrote in message
On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 07:39:44 -0400, "George Z. Bush"
wrote:

Did you also know that Mr. Kerry also stupidly and recklessly risked his

men
and warship to win the medals?

Isn't it hilarious how "stupidly and recklessly" impressed the awarding
authorities so much that they approved the award of a Silver Star and a

Bronze
Star to him? But what do those jerks know, right? They were just Navy

captains
and admirals.

George Z.

Dare we bring up LBJ's Silver Star?

When did you start needing my permission? But why do you want to compare a
Texas congressman on active duty with a 23 year old boat driver who, at that
point, had no markers out that he could call on for somebody to run interference
for him? Other than the piece of hardware that evolved, aren't they apples and
oranges? One was a field grade officer with political clout and the other a
green company grade guy. Or am I not remembering it right?

George Z.

Old June 10th 04, 10:29 PM
Ed Rasimus

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 16:22:48 -0400, "George Z. Bush"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

I think you aren't remembering it right. LBJ's service was hardly
"active duty" and the SS mission was absurd.

My point was that medals vary. There are a lot of heroic events that
gain no award and a lot of awards that followed minimalist events.

My opinion has always been that medals are often the result of being
in the wrong place at the right time and then doing something stupid.
I'll freely admit that my Silver Star came for a mission that I
shouldn't have even launched on. But, I survived, the target was hit
and a fortuitous positioning of another bird with a strike camera
provided the evidence.

I might add, though, that my SS is in the box and hasn't been thrown
over any fences. You can tell it is mine, because my name is engraved
on the back--which is what they do for presentation.

Many have been questioning the circumstances of Kerry's award, but
that isn't the point of emphasis in my criticism of the man. My gripe
is his conduct afterward which was clearly for political gain and at
the expense of a lot of his "brothers" who were defamed by his
statements.

I committed no atrocities, am guilty of no war crimes, and served
honorably for a considerably longer period of combat than Kerry.
Please don't expect me to like a man who has accused me and my friends
of the opposite.

Bush's guard record JDKAHN Home Built 13 October 3rd 04 09:38 PM
"W" is JFK's son and Bush revenge killed Kennedy in 1963 Ross C. Bubba Nicholson Aerobatics 0 August 28th 04 11:28 AM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 04:26 PM