Wanna Fly Your Own B52??

Old May 6th 05, 04:20 AM
Highflyer

"Morgans" wrote in message

"Gary Thomas" wrote

Taken off a little have ya John ;^)

Nah, it isn't the weight. It is the less than 5 gallons of "fuel" that is
the problem.
--
Jim in NC

I know that isn't the problem with Oysterhouse. You don't even get ONE
gallon in him before it starts leaking out!

Highflyer

Old May 6th 05, 04:23 AM
Highflyer

"John Ousterhout" wrote in
message news:9UAee.59071$c24.48108@attbi_s72...
Gary Thomas wrote:
John Ousterhout wrote:

I'm an Ultralight myself.

- John Ousterhout -

-----------------------------

Federal Aircraft Regulations

Ultralight

Sec. 103.1 (e)
(1) Weighs less than 254 pounds empty weight
(2) Has a fuel capacity not exceeding 5 U.S. gallons

Taken off a little have ya John ;^)

No comment.

Will we be seeing you at P'ville?
Why don't you give BOb U a boost and see if you can succeed where I have
failed and get him to come and perform another muzzleloader miracle. I
think one more and he can be put up for sainthood.

Gary

We'll be at Pinckneyville.

Unka Bob is a stubborn old fart and he says he's not going to attend. I
suggest hiring deprogrammers to kidnap and brainwash him.

- John Ousterhout -
rec.aviation / Pinckneyville Fly-In FAQ
http://www.ousterhout.net/pjy-faq.html

Tell Unka Bob to get a ferry permit and arrive a couple of days early and we
will get the RV-3 back into annual! :-)

Besides, if he doesn't make it one of these years I am gonna stop stopping
in Kansas when I go west!

Highflyer

Old May 6th 05, 04:32 PM
John Ousterhout

Ron Natalie wrote:
Gary Thomas wrote:

John Ousterhout wrote:

I'm an Ultralight myself.

- John Ousterhout -

-----------------------------

Federal Aircraft Regulations

Ultralight

Sec. 103.1 (e)
(1) Weighs less than 254 pounds empty weight

Taken off a little have ya John ;^)

Actually, his GROSS weight is still the same. He manages to
get below 254 empty weight because he's full of it :-)

This is not the first time that I've been told that I'm full of it. In
fact I've been tohat so many times that I think there must be something
to it.

Join us when we tell lie.. ah... Flying Stories at Pinckneyville.

- John Ousterhout -

Old May 7th 05, 07:10 PM
Smitty

In article YYAee.59076$c24.54870@attbi_s72,
John Ousterhout wrote:

5 gallons of "fuel" is 20 pints.

Remind me not to let you do the fuel calculations if I'm in the plane...
Old May 8th 05, 05:56 PM
John Ousterhout

John Ousterhout wrote:

5 gallons of "fuel" is 20 pints.

Remind me not to let you do the fuel calculations if I'm in the plane...

DUH 'OH !

Remind ME to do fuel calulations BEFORE fueling.

and in Liters that's...

- J.O.-
Old May 9th 05, 06:49 PM
Paul Sengupta

"John Ousterhout" wrote in
message news:7dree.49590$r53.1544@attbi_s21...
I'm an Ultralight myself.
Sec. 103.1 (e)
(1) Weighs less than 254 pounds empty weight

Hmm, don't think I qualify.

Paul

Old May 11th 05, 05:13 PM
LCT Paintball

I know that isn't the problem with Oysterhouse. You don't even get ONE
gallon in him before it starts leaking out!

Highflyer

He must be using fuel with alcohol in it. I hear that's bad for the seals.

Old May 11th 05, 11:01 PM
Rich S.

"LCT Paintball" wrote in message
I know that isn't the problem with Oysterhouse. You don't even get ONE
gallon in him before it starts leaking out!

Highflyer

He must be using fuel with alcohol in it. I hear that's bad for the seals.

I heard he blew a seal once.

Rich S.

Old May 11th 05, 11:23 PM
Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Rich S. wrote:
"LCT Paintball" wrote in message

I know that isn't the problem with Oysterhouse. You don't even get ONE
gallon in him before it starts leaking out!

Highflyer

He must be using fuel with alcohol in it. I hear that's bad for the seals.

I heard he blew a seal once.

Rich S.

Isn't that illegal in most states?
I know frenching poodles is.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old May 12th 05, 02:25 AM
Morgans

"Rich S." wrote

I heard he blew a seal once.

Good thing it wasn't a bus. I heard you can burn your lips, that way. ;-)
--
Jim in NC