scheduling website

Old May 12th 05, 02:11 AM
Barry

What web based scheduleing services are other pilots, owners, renters, clubs
useing?

Our club, with 3 planes and about 40 members, has been happy with
www.u-reserve-it.com .

Barry

Old May 12th 05, 02:00 PM
DCMacLean

Our club uses myfbo.com. Seems to work very well.
DCM

In article ,
says...
We've been using
www.youcanbookit.com for scheduling our airplane. So far
it's been easy and worked great. The best part about it was it was a
free/commercial based site. Unfortunately the site has gone down and the
owner says it isn't likely to be put back online.

What web based scheduleing services are other pilots, owners, renters, clubs
useing?

Thanks,

Jim

Old May 12th 05, 03:04 PM
Darrel Toepfer

Randy wrote:

If you just have a small club like ours (7 members) www.calsnet.com has
been working fine.

Thats what our club used and was about the same size. Only problem was
some email issues (some got notices and some didn't) but the website
seemed to always work... Price was worth it, FREE...

Haven't used it since we became owners again over a year ago. Clicking
on the link above, it appears to be down at the moment...
Old May 13th 05, 02:53 AM
Mark Morissette

FWIW, my FBO uses www.flightschedulepro.com

Don't know anything about cost, etc, as I'm just the guy using it to
make aircraft reservations, but I can say that it's a great site.

Never down, works well, and is specifically laid out for pilots needs.

---
Mark Morissette
Courtice, Ontario, Canada
http://oshawapilot.blogspot.com (My student pilot blog)
Old May 13th 05, 04:01 AM
Roger

On Wed, 11 May 2005 11:09:46 -0500, "Jim Burns"
wrote:

Hi Jim,

After 4 years, we have not been able to upgrade the site. The people that
made the software for us, did such a hatchet job that we are unable to do
want we orginally wanted.

If you have front page, or a modern HTML editor you should have all
the tools needed to create such a page. They really aren't much more
than a calendar/spreadsheet. You can even set them up to do the cost
calculations, totals, and recalculate your total operating costs, both
fixed and variable. That would let you work with a real monthly cost
and charge per hour.

I had a deal with a good friend who owned a software company to re-do the
site from scratch, but last summer he stabbed me in the back over a flying
situation.

On Friday, the server died, and at this point, I'm just ready to say "I
tried". It cost me $30.000.00 of my own money but it was worth it. Its too
bad the company that designed the software did such a ****ty job.

Ahhhh... I'd find a good commercial company. It costs me less than
$50 a month for a commercial web site hosting along with the URL. They
take care of almost everything. True I have to do most of my own
programming, but it doesn't take long to learn and I keep it simple.

I have a choice of purchasing my own server (I can build one whale of
a nice one for $3,000 or under), or lease from the ISP which is what I
do. Then I do not have to worry about keeping the thing up-to-date.
The, under $50 includes the leased equipment and up to 50 e-mail
accounts.

You really shouldn't need custom software. Scheduling and calendars
should be "out-of-the-box" apps. Most sites/pages use software far
more complex than needed. You want to give the end user access to a
calendar, or spreadsheet. Those things are readily available and I
believe that Yahoo has such a thing available.

I've been on since 96 and my most expensive costs were when I had an
ISDN line and later a DSL line. Both were relatively slow (but faster
than dial up). I had to pay for a dedicated IP and for "LAN-on-demand"
as I have a system tied in with over two terabytes of storage now.
At that time I was paying close to $200 a month including the phone
line. Now It's Under $50, but I do use a cable connection for access
and that is around $29 a month. I probably run close to half a gig of
traffic a day.

Do some shopping and searching. You should be able to do what you
want for pennies a day.

Good Luck,

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

I'm glad you enjoyed its use.

Best regards,
Jeff

"Martin Hotze" wrote in message
"Jim Burns" wrote:

We've been using www.youcanbookit.com for scheduling our airplane. So

far
it's been easy and worked great. The best part about it was it was a
free/commercial based site. Unfortunately the site has gone down and

the
owner says it isn't likely to be put back online.

has he offered a reason why it is down and why he won't bring it back
online?

#m

f-up to r.a.p set
--
http://www.hotze.priv.at/album/aviation/caution.jpg

Old May 13th 05, 06:52 AM
Guillermo

"grubertm" wrote in message
oups.com...
..and another vote for schedulemaster.com. Our club has ca. 30 planes
and uses their scheduling system. I don't know about their fees though,
for a smaller fleet it might be overkill.

We also use schedulemaster.
Our club operates with 5 aircraft and about 100 active pilots.
Not a clue about the costs, though, but the system works perfectly.

Old May 13th 05, 09:54 PM
Slick

www.schedulemaster.com

This thing is awesome.

scheduling website Jim Burns Owning 17 May 15th 05 12:18 AM
Website Mltry.- Your Information, Customized for You, Family Communication, Chat, Please Help by Visiting and Signing Gues Wolf Naval Aviation 0 January 8th 05 06:16 AM
Club scheduling software? Dave Burton Owning 7 December 26th 04 06:32 PM
millionaire on the Internet... in weeks! Malcolm Austin Soaring 0 November 5th 04 11:14 PM
Old website suddenly dies, replaced by new one Jack Glendening Soaring 2 February 8th 04 05:31 PM