New ME-262s over Berlin

Old August 21st 06, 03:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Default New ME-262s over Berlin

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...&q=me262&hl=en

I've been following this saga for the last few years, and had recently
been wondering whatever happened to the guys that were supposedly
building "new" World War II-era ME-262 jet fighters.

From the looks of that awesome video, there's no need to wonder any

longer -- that baby FLIES!

If anyone can strip the raw video from that awful Google format, I'd
love to host that on our webpage. Email it to me at
, please.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 21st 06, 05:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Hamish Reid

In article ,
RomeoMike wrote:

Jay Honeck wrote:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...&q=me262&hl=en

[...]

The "ESSO" fuel truck makes me wonder when and where this film was made.

Erm, the Esso truck would indicate that it was probably made somewhere
in UnAmerica sometime in the last fifty years. Like, oh, Germany in the
last few months?

Hamish
Old August 21st 06, 05:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Don Tuite

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 21:44:02 -0600, RomeoMike
wrote:

The "ESSO" fuel truck makes me wonder when and where this film was made.

Germany?

http://www.exxonmobil.com/Siteflow/C...CY_Germany.asp

Don
Old August 21st 06, 06:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Peter Duniho

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
ps.com...
[...]
If anyone can strip the raw video from that awful Google format, I'd
love to host that on our webpage. Email it to me at
, please.

A couple of options:

First, you can download directly from the Google web site in the "iPod"
format. This is actually just a Quicktime .mp4 file, at the same resolution
as the original movie (I don't know if it always is the same resolution, but
it is in this case), so is as portable as any other Quicktime movie file you
have. Just pick "iPod" from the list box next to the "Download" button, and
then click the "Download" button.

Second, the original can be downloaded in its raw format with this link:

http://vp.video.google.com/videodown...T-FH-rE67C9MoY

More generally, if you click the "Download" button, then right-click the
"Download Manually" link, choose "Save As..." to put the .gvp file where you
want it, and then open it as text (it's actually just a plain text
document), the plain .avi link can be found in that text file (it'll look
like the one above...there's actually more to the URL, but you can leave off
the rest of the parameters in it...all you really need is the "secureurl="
part).

With the above .avi file someone need only have the Google Video Player
installed to play it. Granted, this involves having yet another piece of
software installed, but you already host multiple formats, so maybe that
could be justified.

Third, Google videos are coded for the Google player using a "FourCC" code
of "goog", but the video format is not a proprietary Google format. The
"goog" code just means that the operation system normally thinks the video
can only be played by the Google player. I still need to do more research
on the ins and outs of this, but I suspect that one could either edit their
media player settings so that the player could successfully play "goog"
coded videos, or one could change the video file's code to the correct one
(it appears to me that the correct one is generally DivX, coded "DIVX" or
"divx") and get a regular media player to play it, assuming the correct
codec was installed.

I tried one "FourCC changer" program that I downloaded just to play with,
and it didn't have the effect I was hoping for. But then I looked at the
source code (it was provided with the program) and found it's very
simplistic, and may not correctly handle all possible .avi files. If I get
around to playing with this more and come up with something, I'll post back
here. I think changing the file's code is the more appropriate solution,
since it doesn't involve each user going in and fiddling with their system
settings.

Have fun.

Pete

Old August 21st 06, 08:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Thomas Borchert

RomeoMike,

The "ESSO" fuel truck makes me wonder when and where this film was made.

ILA International Air Fair in Berlin, this year at Berlin Schönefeld
airport.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old August 21st 06, 05:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Beckman

"Thomas Borchert" wrote in message
RomeoMike,

The "ESSO" fuel truck makes me wonder when and where this film was made.

ILA International Air Fair in Berlin, this year at Berlin Schönefeld
airport.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Thomas,

Do you happen to know, was this 262 restored or new built?

Jay B

Old August 21st 06, 06:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Karl-Heinz Kuenzel

Jay, to answer your question.

It is a replika and not a restored plane.

For further information, take a look at http://www.stormbirds.com/

Regards - Karl-Heinz
Old August 21st 06, 07:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Beckman

"Karl-Heinz Kuenzel" wrote in message
Jay, to answer your question.

It is a replika and not a restored plane.

For further information, take a look at http://www.stormbirds.com/

Regards - Karl-Heinz

Ah...thanks Karl...

I wondered if it was the gang from the pacific northwest.

Hadn't checked their site in a while and didn't know they'd progressed so
far.

Jay B

Old August 24th 06, 04:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Big John

Jay

Go to Google and enter "Me 262" and fall down to the Stormbirds site.

Two aircraft have been built (they use the US J34 engine's). The two
seat is here in US and single seat was sent to Germany in payment for
letting the US Company build orignal copies of birds I understand?

The two seat version is here in US (Payne Field north of Seattle) and
the single seat (Me 262 Tango Tango) was sent to Germany some months
ago via transport where it was reassembled and flew in the ILA 2000
Airshow at Berlin.

They are lookinbg for someone to order and they have most parts for
three more airframes as I recall.

See where it has been over 100 F at places In IA. Too hot for me up
there any more )

All the best.

Big John

On 20 Aug 2006 19:13:16 -0700, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...&q=me262&hl=en

I've been following this saga for the last few years, and had recently
been wondering whatever happened to the guys that were supposedly
building "new" World War II-era ME-262 jet fighters.

From the looks of that awesome video, there's no need to wonder any

Berlin Airshow Big John Piloting 1 June 19th 06 05:17 PM
Did the Germans have the Norden bombsight? Cub Driver Military Aviation 106 May 12th 04 07:18 AM
On Dollar Crash: LaRouche Against Greenspan in Berlin B2431 Military Aviation 0 February 16th 04 12:13 AM
Hiroshima V. Berlin. Charles Gray Military Aviation 6 December 27th 03 02:52 AM
Nazi bombers found under East Berlin airport Nick Military Aviation 9 July 29th 03 08:50 AM