USA Regional Sports Class

Old February 1st 11, 09:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Default USA Regional Sports Class

Does anyone know of any Regionals offering Sports Class planned for
2011 that take place between the Rockies and the Appalachians?

Currently the closest Regional to Wichita is probably going to be
either Chilhowee (Region 5 West, 15 hr drive) or Caesar Creek (Region
6 South, 13.5 hrs). There is also Region 6 North in Ionia, MI (14.5
hr) not yet on the SSA Calendar. I'm afraid that my vacation schedule
will not allow me to fly as a guest at the 1-26 Championship in
Kendallville, IN (13.5 hr) which makes me very sad today.

Here is a nifty google map I made of everything on the SSA Calendar,
plus Region 6 North:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...091797&t=h&z=4
Old February 2nd 11, 02:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Scott Alexander[_2_]

On Feb 1, 3:29*pm, Tony wrote:
Does anyone know of any Regionals offering Sports Class planned for
2011 that take place between the Rockies and the Appalachians?

Hi Tony,

The Memphis Soaring Society each year hosts a fun fly for 3 days
during memorial day weekend. Your welcome to come participate. Wichita
isn't too far from our field in Cherry Valley, Arkansas (about an hour
and a half west of Memphis).

I would imagine task lengths would be 100-200km long depending on the
weather.

Email me at Scott dot Alexander (at) jetblue dot com for more details
if your interested.
Old February 2nd 11, 02:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

On Feb 1, 8:09*pm, Scott Alexander
wrote:
On Feb 1, 3:29*pm, Tony wrote:

Does anyone know of any Regionals offering Sports Class planned for
2011 that take place between the Rockies and the Appalachians?

Hi Tony,

The Memphis Soaring Society each year hosts a fun fly for 3 days
during memorial day weekend. Your welcome to come participate. Wichita
isn't too far from our field in Cherry Valley, Arkansas (about an hour
and a half west of Memphis).

I would imagine task lengths would be 100-200km long depending on the
weather.

Email me at Scott dot Alexander (at) jetblue dot com for more details
if your interested.

Scott - thanks for the offer! I'll keep it in mind, although some of
our club members usually camp out in Ulysses, KS over Memorial Day
weekend. No plans for another Region 10 contest in Memphis this year?
Old February 2nd 11, 05:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AJM

On Feb 1, 3:29*pm, Tony wrote:
Does anyone know of any Regionals offering Sports Class planned for
2011 that take place between the Rockies and the Appalachians?

Hi Tony,

Faultline Flyers is planning to host a Region 10 contest in Llano, TX
(near Austin). Tentatively,
we are looking at August 15-21, which would immediately follow the
Uvalde contest. We held a
contest at Llano last year and it is a very good contest site. This
year should be even better, as
August is typically offers even better weather than July in our area.
Last year, the Sports class
had about 19 entries which made for a very enjoyable contest.

We hope to have our application filed and be up on the SSA site
shortly.

Please email me at andy dot maag at gmail dot com if you are
interested in participating.

Andy
Old February 4th 11, 10:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Barny

Tony, good work on the Google map, that's pretty neat!! SSA should
hijack your idea.
~Bruce