Top Hat Soaring program is free

Old May 21st 13, 01:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gregg Leslie[_2_]

Default Top Hat Soaring program is free

http://tophatsoaring.wikispaces.com/Top+Hat

A Free Droid Based Glide Program, based off XC Soar....Designed to be user
friendly.

Click on the Demo's

Works great on a Nook or Droid...

I use the Nook, which is a Black and White screen, the visibility in
incredible, even better in sunlight...

take a peak...

GL

Old May 21st 13, 05:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
soartech[_2_]

On May 20, 8:50*pm, Gregg Leslie wrote:
http://tophatsoaring.wikispaces.com/Top+Hat

A Free Droid Based Glide Program, based off XC Soar....Designed to be user
friendly.

Click on the Demo's

Works great on a Nook or Droid...

I use the Nook, which is a Black and White screen, the visibility in
incredible, even better in sunlight...

take a peak...

GL

Well I wouldn't say it "works great" on a Nook. I was disappointed to
see that "ghosting" of previous screens is in the background
of the current screen. Is there some way to correct this?
Old May 21st 13, 05:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

Well I wouldn't say it "works great" on a Nook. I was disappointed to
see that "ghosting" of previous screens is in the background
of the current screen. Is there some way to correct this?

I can't speak for the Nook, but on the Kobo Touch, in reading settings
there is a setting for "page refresh" which refreshes the screen every
x number of pages - default is 6 pages. "this sets the number of pages
you turn before a full screen refresh occurs"

If a Nook has a similar setting, I'd set it at one, and try again.
They do it to maximize battery life.

I'm very curious on how well this works. Nooks use way less power and
are much more readable than most PDA/PNAs...