The MATS Constellation

Old August 28th 04, 02:25 AM
Jay Honeck

Default The MATS Constellation

When I was a child I had an opportunity to ride from Dallas to D.C. in a
Connie.
That was nearly 50 years and I still remember it like it was yesterday.
I would love to see one "up close" again!

Well, here are a couple of shots of it I took today.

http://makeashorterlink.com/?X17251829

and

http://makeashorterlink.com/?I19242829

Both shots were taken from the Red Baron Suite's balcony. The Connie will
be here through the weekend, for our fly-in on Sunday.

It's an awesome bird. I'm trying to verify this, but we think it's the
largest plane that ever regularly landed at Iowa City's airport, back in the
1950s. (United Airlines serviced KIOW until 1959, and Branniff serviced
Iowa City through 1974.)

It's certainly the largest plane that comes there nowadays.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old August 28th 04, 12:40 PM
mike regish

Who is looking for these shots? I have some closeups and a couple of good
shots of it in flight from the Barnes airshow a couple of years ago.

mike regish

Old August 28th 04, 01:55 PM
Jay Honeck

Who is looking for these shots? I have some closeups and a couple of good
shots of it in flight from the Barnes airshow a couple of years ago.

See the "Fly In Breakfast in Iowa City" thread...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA