Dr. Jack Site Gone?

Old July 15th 11, 04:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jcarlyle

Default Dr. Jack Site Gone?

My browser says it "can't find the server at www.drjack.info" . Has
Dr. Jack finally turned his wonderful site off, or is it a temporary
glitch?

-John
Old July 15th 11, 04:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bart[_4_]

On Jul 15, 8:18*am, jcarlyle wrote:
My browser says it "can't find the server atwww.drjack.info" . Has
Dr. Jack finally turned his wonderful site off, or is it a temporary
glitch?

It works for me.

B.
Old July 15th 11, 04:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jcarlyle

On Jul 15, 11:23 am, Bart wrote:
On Jul 15, 8:18 am, jcarlyle wrote:

My browser says it "can't find the server atwww.drjack.info" . Has
Dr. Jack finally turned his wonderful site off, or is it a temporary
glitch?

It works for me.

B.

Thanks, Bart - that's good news. Now all I have to do is get Verizon
to load it for me...

-John
Old July 15th 11, 04:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

On Jul 15, 9:23*am, Bart wrote:
On Jul 15, 8:18*am, jcarlyle wrote:

My browser says it "can't find the server atwww.drjack.info" . Has
Dr. Jack finally turned his wonderful site off, or is it a temporary
glitch?

It works for me.

B.

Works here also.

FWIW, the domain expiration is currently 8 Dec 2011
Old July 15th 11, 04:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Iwona Leszczynska

On Jul 15, 11:41*am, Frank Whiteley wrote:
On Jul 15, 9:23*am, Bart wrote:

On Jul 15, 8:18*am, jcarlyle wrote:

My browser says it "can't find the server atwww.drjack.info" . Has
Dr. Jack finally turned his wonderful site off, or is it a temporary
glitch?

It works for me.

B.

Works here also.

FWIW, the domain expiration is currently 8 Dec 2011

I can't access drjack for two days......
rk
Old July 15th 11, 04:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bart[_4_]

On Jul 15, 8:51*am, Iwona Leszczynska wrote:
I can't access drjack for two days......
rk

For all of you who cannot access DrJack's site, here are some ideas:

- Use anonymouse.org . This might help with any routing problems your
ISP is having.
- Use Google cache. (Type "drjack" in google, then click "cached"
under DrJack's link.)
- Use archive.org

Bart
Old July 15th 11, 05:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter Scholz[_3_]

Am 15.07.2011 17:51, Iwona Leszczynska wrote:
On Jul 15, 11:41 am, Frank wrote:
On Jul 15, 9:23 am, wrote:

On Jul 15, 8:18 am, wrote:

My browser says it "can't find the server atwww.drjack.info" . Has
Dr. Jack finally turned his wonderful site off, or is it a temporary
glitch?

It works for me.

B.

Works here also.

FWIW, the domain expiration is currently 8 Dec 2011

I can't access drjack for two days......
rk

sounds like a DNS issue, try accessing with the IP adress stated below:

# nslookup drjack.info

Name: drjack.info
Address: 70.84.61.82

--
Peter Scholz
ASW24 JE
Old July 15th 11, 06:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jcarlyle

In my case the DNS server I was using on Verizon FIOS in the PHL area
(151.197.0.38) apparently had a problem. I put in an alternate
(4.2.2.1), and now all is well.

-John
Old July 16th 11, 07:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chris Donovan

On Jul 15, 9:23*am, Bart wrote:

On Jul 15, 8:18*am, jcarlyle wrote:

My browser says it "can't find the server atwww.drjack.info" . Has
Dr. Jack finally turned his wonderful site off, or is it a temporary
glitch?

It works for me.

B.

Works here also.

FWIW, the domain expiration is currently 8 Dec 2011

I can't access drjack for two days......
rk

"www.drjack.info/" TRY IT WITH THE "/" THING AT THE END,
wouldn't work any other way with FIOS for me...

Dr. Jack and BLIPmaps brianDG303[_2_] Soaring 15 October 22nd 09 11:39 AM
Cobra Hydraulic Jack HL Falbaum[_2_] Soaring 4 December 12th 08 08:45 PM
Jack Fabio Aviation Photos 0 January 8th 08 06:22 PM
Jack The Sailplane Ripper Paul Hanson Soaring 3 December 12th 07 09:57 PM
new site for creating project log and web site Rob Home Built 2 November 23rd 04 06:21 PM