2012 Pilot ranking list #711 reporting

Old January 16th 12, 05:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tom Kelley

Default 2012 Pilot ranking list #711 reporting

Just an update on where its at.

First, its done.

John Liebacher has been extremely busy and has again given us his time
on this. He sent me a copy for review and error check. I just reviewed
it, it looks good, BUT, as he is now on his way to Chile, it could be
a few more days before it gets up on the soaring server.

Now, for those who are in the need to know what their 2012 ranking is,
just ask and I'll post it right here for you (first and last name
will be needed for me to do this). This is the USA pilot ranking list,
not the same as the IGC pilot ranking list(they use selected
contests).

As its always been, if you happen to see any corrections that might
have been simply overlooked/missed, theirs a link """send along any
corrections"" on the ranking list(after its posted on the exchange)
and please send them in.

John enjoys doing this for us over the years. As he's also on
Facebook, drop him a "thanks" on his wall, I am sure he would enjoy
hearing from any/many of you.

*#711 reporting.

Remember, this is the "PILOT RANKING LIST" which, for 2012, shows 558
pilots competing in all the contests held in the USA that were
sanctioned by the SSA. The range this year is from 100 percent to
2.60304 percent.
Your ranking score can be seen on the SSA website under your
achivements, but that is just your score, not your ranking in the USA.
The IGC uses only selected contests and theirs a charge to us when we
send in those contests to the IGC. The IGC ranking list is used for
entry into the FAI World Championships.
This USA "pilot ranking list" is what contest managers use to give
them guildance(making it easier) in oversubscribed contests such as
the Seniors and R5N(Perry), etc, for pilot entry.
Ok, time break....whew.

#711.