External Mic for Handheld Transceiver

Old July 12th 12, 11:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Duster

Default External Mic for Handheld Transceiver

I have an ICOM handheld transceiver that I use in gliders, but want to
configure a hands-free push-to-talk system w/external mic. My problem
is coming up with a good microphone that works with this. Attempts at
using mics with the minijack input has yielded poor voice transmission
compared with the internal ICOM mic. It's not the handheld, since the
same problem occurs with other models. Any suggestions on what might
work better?
Old July 13th 12, 01:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Blue Whale

I use a TELEX AIRMAN 750 AVIATION HEADSET W/TELEX PT-300 PTT SWITCH for my ICOM handheld in my 1-23. It is wonderful. I bought it used on eBay.

Scott
Old July 13th 12, 06:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Duster

On Jul 12, 7:12*pm, Blue Whale wrote:
I use a TELEX AIRMAN 750 AVIATION HEADSET W/TELEX PT-300 PTT SWITCH for my ICOM handheld in my 1-23. It is wonderful. I bought it used on eBay.

Scott

Thanks, Scott, but what I was hoping for was a boom-mic for a
handheld. Having a headset to wear kinda defeats the aesthetics of
soaring for me.
Old July 14th 12, 03:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
son_of_flubber

http://www.wingsandwheels.com/Microp...0gooseneck.htm

Scroll down, there's a nice mike that clips to sunglasses.
Old July 16th 12, 12:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Duster

On Jul 13, 9:32*pm, son_of_flubber wrote:
http://www.wingsandwheels.com/Microp...0gooseneck.htm

Scroll down, there's a nice mike that clips to sunglasses.

Those are what I need; thanks.