Preflieght for first flight after annual

Old June 16th 05, 05:02 PM
Matt Barrow

"Michael 182" wrote in message
I've done a number of these over the years, but prior to tomorrow's, I'm
thinking about how the preflight routine changes. I'll check all the

screws
on all the inspection panels, pull off the engine cowlings and poke about,
looking for anything obviously loose. Check that the seats are on the

rails
correctly. Check the items that were worked on, at least the one's I can
see. Anyone else have any special list of things they check at this point?

Double check your fuel tanks.

Old June 17th 05, 05:16 AM

Good Idea - I recall reading that the British had a naval shipyard in
Hong Kong in colonial days - and used to make the local employees go
along on sea trials following maintenance work. This was especially
interesting in the case of submarines, since the Chinese are reputed to
be terrified of going underwater. The policy gave them a significant
incentive to do quality work.

David Johnson

Denny wrote:
In a perfect world the mechanic would have to crawl into the right seat
and go along for the first flight...

denny

Old June 18th 05, 12:11 AM
Michael 182

Thanks to all for the good advice.

Michael

Old June 18th 05, 03:27 AM
Dave

We must be fortunate.....

Our mechanic "test flys" his work.

After he finishes the annual or other significant work, he takes it
for a flight on our dime..

We don't mind....

Actually he flys the singles that he is qualified to be PIC, and
rides in the twins ..

Dave

Old June 18th 05, 03:40 AM
George Patterson

Dave wrote:

Our mechanic "test flys" his work.

When I owned my 150, I got sort of used to having the mechanic stay on the
ground. The guy who did the annuals then liked his beer after work. The two of
us would've put that plane at least 100 pounds over MGW (and I weighed 140 to
150 back then). We weren't good enough friends for that either.

George Patterson
Why do men's hearts beat faster, knees get weak, throats become dry,
and they think irrationally when a woman wears leather clothing?
Because she smells like a new truck.
Old June 18th 05, 04:12 PM
Matt Barrow

"Dave" wrote in message
We must be fortunate.....

Our mechanic "test flys" his work.

After he finishes the annual or other significant work, he takes it
for a flight on our dime..

We don't mind....

Actually he flys the singles that he is qualified to be PIC, and
rides in the twins ..

My mechanics don't fly, but their boss does and HE does the checkout flight.