Ramp fees for Jets

Old January 17th 07, 07:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Dico

Default Ramp fees for Jets

Hello,

I'm on the board of our local flying club and we manage the GA ramp.

I am wondering if people can share with me what their airport (or other
airports they've been to) are charge for overnight fees for jets. We
have a small overnight fee for planes (which i believe is waived if
they fuel up)... but I'm just doing some research as to what we should
be charging the Citations and G-Vs that come in and park.

Thanks,

-dr

Old January 18th 07, 05:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Montblack

("Dico" wrote)
I'm on the board of our local flying club and we manage the GA ramp.

I am wondering if people can share with me what their airport (or other
airports they've been to) are charge for overnight fees for jets. We
have a small overnight fee for planes (which i believe is waived if
they fuel up)... but I'm just doing some research as to what we should
be charging the Citations and G-Vs that come in and park.

If you have plenty of room, charge them the same as you would an Ercoupe -
word will get around and you'll have a ramp full of Citations in no time.

People who arrive in jets will likely be spending some bigger bucks in your
area. Be thankful of that - cut them some slack - and hope they buy lots and
lots of fuel.

Montblack

Old January 18th 07, 03:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Gig 601XL Builder

Montblack wrote:
("Dico" wrote)
I'm on the board of our local flying club and we manage the GA ramp.

I am wondering if people can share with me what their airport (or
other airports they've been to) are charge for overnight fees for
jets. We have a small overnight fee for planes (which i believe is
waived if they fuel up)... but I'm just doing some research as to
what we should be charging the Citations and G-Vs that come in and
park.

If you have plenty of room, charge them the same as you would an
Ercoupe - word will get around and you'll have a ramp full of
Citations in no time. g

People who arrive in jets will likely be spending some bigger bucks
in your area. Be thankful of that - cut them some slack - and hope
they buy lots and lots of fuel.

Montblack

Unless they are there because they are in negotiations to by out the local
widget factory and shut it down.

Old January 18th 07, 05:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Frank Stutzman

Montblack wrote:

If you have plenty of room, charge them the same as you would an Ercoupe -
word will get around and you'll have a ramp full of Citations in no time.

If you've got the means to care and feed a Citation, then I doubt $100
differance in ramp fees is going to change your mind much about what
airport you are going to use.

--
Frank Stutzman
Bonanza N494B "Hula Girl"

Old January 18th 07, 08:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Don

they fuel up)... but I'm just doing some research as to what we should
be charging the Citations and G-Vs that come in and park.

Thanks,

Call around to FBO's in similar locations and ask. For a Gulfstream
I've seen $0 to $1200. Most will waive the fee for a hundred gal or
so
Old January 19th 07, 04:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Juan Jimenez[_1_]

"Montblack" wrote in message
("Dico" wrote)
I'm on the board of our local flying club and we manage the GA ramp.

I am wondering if people can share with me what their airport (or other
airports they've been to) are charge for overnight fees for jets. We
have a small overnight fee for planes (which i believe is waived if
they fuel up)... but I'm just doing some research as to what we should
be charging the Citations and G-Vs that come in and park.

If you have plenty of room, charge them the same as you would an Ercoupe -
word will get around and you'll have a ramp full of Citations in no time.

People who arrive in jets will likely be spending some bigger bucks in
your area. Be thankful of that - cut them some slack - and hope they buy
lots and lots of fuel.

Montblack

I would modify that a bit and make it so it is worth their while to buy fuel
from you. Make it a win-win, it will keep them coming back and will help
support your club as well as the airport, because people with money and jets
tend to be good resources when someone wants to do away with their favorite
fuel stop.

Trouble ahead over small plane fees AJ Piloting 90 April 15th 06 01:19 PM
ARE RAMP CHECKS RAMPING UP? Larry Dighera Piloting 52 February 22nd 06 05:50 AM
GA User fees Jose Piloting 48 December 24th 05 03:12 AM
NAA Fees to the US Team Doug Jacobs Soaring 2 October 29th 04 01:09 AM
Angel Flight pilots: Ever have an FBO refuse to wave landing fees? Peter R. Piloting 11 August 2nd 03 01:20 AM