Changed the oil today...

Old January 4th 07, 12:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

Default Changed the oil today...

....in my hangar.

....on January 3rd...

....in a light jacket...

....in Iowa....

Is this the twilight zone, or global warming? Either way, I'm loving
it!

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 4th 07, 01:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jonathan Goodish

In article . com,
"Jay Honeck" wrote:
...in my hangar.

...on January 3rd...

...in a light jacket...

...in Iowa....

Is this the twilight zone, or global warming? Either way, I'm loving
it!

If it's global warming, and if humans are causing it, I'm going to start
up my car and let it idle all day from now on.

JKG
Old January 4th 07, 03:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Bob Noel

In article . com,
"Jay Honeck" wrote:

...in my hangar.

...on January 3rd...

...in a light jacket...

...in Iowa....

Is this the twilight zone, or global warming? Either way, I'm loving
it!

changed the oil instead of flying?

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the

Old January 4th 07, 05:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
BT

1 Jan 2007, logged 3 hours in the Pawnee (towing gliders) and about 19
landings, logged 45 minutes at the end of the day in a fast glass glider..
ridge soaring until sunset. Outside air temp? about 60F. Every thing tied
down and the glass birds back in the box. Time for Friends, Brews and some
Hot Chili and Corn Bread.

Does it get any better? I hope so.. spring is coming.

BT

ups.com...

Old January 4th 07, 04:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jay Honeck

Is this the twilight zone, or global warming? Either way, I'm loving
it!

changed the oil instead of flying?

Jeez, Bob, now you're talking crazy.

First we had to fly to Davenport for brunch...to warm up the oil!

:-)

Now today we'll have to go for our post-oil-change flight, to check for
leaks... It's almost 50 here again!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 4th 07, 05:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Mark Hansen

On 01/04/07 08:59, Jay Honeck wrote:
Is this the twilight zone, or global warming? Either way, I'm loving
it!

changed the oil instead of flying?

Jeez, Bob, now you're talking crazy.

First we had to fly to Davenport for brunch...to warm up the oil!

:-)

Now today we'll have to go for our post-oil-change flight, to check for
leaks... It's almost 50 here again!

Work, work, work ;-)

Cal Aggie Flying Farmers
Sacramento, CA
Old January 4th 07, 08:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Viperdoc[_2_]

Jay: What do you do with the used oil? Our FBO wouldn't take it because they
were concerned it might somehow be contaminated. Rather than accumulate a
drum of waste oil that I would need to get a hazmat permit to get rid of, I
have the mechanic do it.

JN

Old January 4th 07, 09:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
M[_1_]

Well, they better keep quiet about it. Used piston engine oil from
aircraft burning 100LL contains fairly large amount of lead (that's why
it looks green-ish). Burning it will release the lead into atmosphere
in the surrounding area.

Of course, Jay's oil should be free of such hazard due to his Atlas
burning autofuel :-)

Steve Foley wrote:
My FBO heats his hangar with it.

. net...

Old January 5th 07, 12:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Bob Noel

In article om,
"Jay Honeck" wrote:

changed the oil instead of flying?

Jeez, Bob, now you're talking crazy.

First we had to fly to Davenport for brunch...to warm up the oil!

phew - I thought you had lost your mind!

--
Bob Noel
Looking for a sig the