USAF(?) unit patch ID

Old April 16th 04, 06:14 PM
John Hairell

On 15 Apr 2004 21:55:47 GMT, (BUFDRVR) wrote:

http://www.au.af.mil/au/afhra/wwwroo...ges/0002bw.php

Tex

Thanks Tex. Now the big question. How in God's name do you wear something on
your left sleeve 5-6 days a week for 4+ years and find yourself unable to
accurately describe it?

Too much time bouncing around in BUFFs will do that ;-)

John Hairell
Old June 18th 05, 07:48 PM
Paradisel Paradisel is offline
Junior Member

Sorry to be bumping this but I came across it on a google search and figured I'd throw my 2 cents in.

There are two versions of this patch the one shown and a circular which I have and will try to scan and post it if anyone is interested. I believe the triangle was the more common of the two. On the circular version it has the Additional text:

Air Force Flight Test Center

The Ghost Squardron

IIRC The latin is We aren't Seen, We aren't Heard, We fly at night.

Though the Squadron is now defunct it is still classified which is why you can't get any info on it.

People familar with the patch may also remember

Penser Hors Limites Ops Group

Oil Temperature sending unit Corky Scott Home Built 2 October 19th 04 12:58 AM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 05:26 PM
D.C. Air Guard Unit Flies New 737s Otis Willie Military Aviation 0 January 15th 04 12:12 AM
A-4 / A-7 Question Tank Fixer Military Aviation 135 October 25th 03 03:59 AM
Chevy 4.3 L V-6 and Misbehaving Engine Control Unit Bushy Home Built 6 August 18th 03 09:33 AM