A Jet Blue Aircraft Landing with Sideway Landing-Gear

Old July 18th 06, 12:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Flyingmonk

Default A Jet Blue Aircraft Landing with Sideway Landing-Gear

Morgans wrote:
"Jay Honeck" wrote

And if you can't sit on PMC II, or even drive, how in the world can you
expect to teach?

Grit and determination, and knowing the end of each day is near. The rock
and a hard place is right. I can't afford to not work, and lose my medical,
that is the one biggest fact, plus earning a living.

You might check out this month's Flying magazine, and read Dick Karl's
column. (Karl is the guy that owns a Cheyenne.) He discusses his own
medical problems with a bad back, which sound nearly as nasty as yours.
He's apparently received some relief with pain therapy and some bed

I'l look at that. I am already going with pain therapy, but have gone
through all of the injections, and even done a long course of accupuncture.
I am getting mostly bed rest this summer, but it is not enough. If I were
to go through an operation now, I would not have sick leave enough, ond lose
pay and possibly lose my medical and job. Rock, meet hard place.

We'll drink a toast to "The Jims" this year -- Weir, Morgan, and Fisher
-- all AWOL, but not forgotten...

Thanks. That really means something., :-))
--
Jim in NC

Hey teach! To add to Jay's suggestion, maybe you might try
accupuncture. I know it sounds "out there", but I've tried it and it
works. Don't go expecting it to cure anything though. It is only a
temporary relief not a cure, good for one to three days depending on
your reception to the treatment and the expertise of your practitioner.

I have a very severe neck and back ache, and at times it is unbarable.
That's when I get my treament. I've tried physical, massage and what's
that other therapy where they stretch and bend you into contortions?
None seemed to work on me. I refuse operation and my doctor doesn't
believe my pain is real anyways.

Be careful with the Chinese guys, I hear they tend to overcharge.

Give it a try...

Monk

Old July 18th 06, 01:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Flyingmonk

Morgans wrote:

Any treatment or possible non surgery cure you can name, I have done. Still
no relief. Sigh. :-((

Sorry to hear that...

Monk

Old July 18th 06, 02:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_3_]

"Flyingmonk" wrote

Hey teach! To add to Jay's suggestion, maybe you might try
accupuncture.

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt.

I went to a full MD acupuncturist, for about 7 months, two times a week.
She said that I had her using more needles than any other patient she had
ever had. She even had to buy a new electric stimulator box, to hook all of
them up.

It helped, but the relief was not all that great, and very temporary.

Old July 18th 06, 02:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Fry

"Luft" == Lufthansi writes:

Luft This is great footage from the landing of a Jet-Airplane by
Luft JET BLUE with Landing-Gear Problems.

In other recent news, President Bush wins re-election and the Bosox
win the world series.
Old July 18th 06, 02:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_3_]

"Margy Natalie" wrote

Jim, You know what all those sick days you probably have laying around
are for? It's for stuff like this!

I have 2 1/2 days on record. I wish I did have some more, but used them
all up 2 years ago for recovery from fusion. I can't get ahead, because of
appointments, days where I really can't answer the bell, or tests.

By the by, I'll be coming to see your Air and Space annex, next month. I'll
spend the whole day there, the 14th. I can't wait! Will you be around?
--
Jim in NC

Old July 19th 06, 12:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Margy Natalie

Morgans wrote:
"Margy Natalie" wrote

Jim, You know what all those sick days you probably have laying around
are for? It's for stuff like this!

I have 2 1/2 days on record. I wish I did have some more, but used them
all up 2 years ago for recovery from fusion. I can't get ahead, because of
appointments, days where I really can't answer the bell, or tests.

By the by, I'll be coming to see your Air and Space annex, next month. I'll
spend the whole day there, the 14th. I can't wait! Will you be around?

****er, I'll be on a plane to Denver to drive cross county with my
daughter (the one who wanted to drive back, in her clunker, alone,
camping! Mommy didn't like the idea).

Scott Crossfield will be interred into Arlington Cemetery on the 15th
at 1. I hate to miss his funeral.

Have fun at the museum. It's GREAT! Recent additions include the P-61
and Global Flyer. If your back hurts, trade your driver's license for a
wheelchair. The floor is BRUTAL on feet, knees, hips and backs (13
inches of uncovered concrete).

Margy
Old July 19th 06, 01:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Margy Natalie

Morgans wrote:
"Margy Natalie" wrote

****er, I'll be on a plane to Denver to drive cross county with my
daughter (the one who wanted to drive back, in her clunker, alone,
camping! Mommy didn't like the idea).

Sorry about that. I'll catch you the next time, as long as you continue to
make yourself "invaluable." g

I'm working on it, I'm currently, official, unemployed, but ...
I should know something after OSH.

Have fun at the museum. It's GREAT! Recent additions include the P-61
and Global Flyer. If your back hurts, trade your driver's license for a
wheelchair. The floor is BRUTAL on feet, knees, hips and backs (13
inches of uncovered concrete).

Thanks. I had already considered the wheelchair option. I did that once
before, after an operation, to see some gardens with the family. Kinda'
strange, but it helped.

Do the chair. I torqued my knee and went on a docent tour in a
wheelchair. It was great for training the docent :-).

Save a place for me, down in antique, for next year, OK? I hope I'll get to
do OSH next year, and I plan to be working somewhere different than my
previous gig.

Rolunteering in Vintage? Hmmm, I could train you in Ops and take some
time off or maybe by next summer you would be ready for the motor bikes
and parking, hmmmmm.

Hope you feel better and get the back fixed up.

Margy

Old July 19th 06, 05:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_3_]

"Margy Natalie" wrote

I'm working on it, I'm currently, official, unemployed, but ...
I should know something after OSH.

I can't even begin to tell you how sorry I am to hear that. I know it was
your dream job. I hope something as good or better turns up, as hard as
that is to imagine. You deserve the best.

Yeah, next year, we'll see. I can well imagine it taking a year or two to
get up to speed. One year, you'll see that I am a terror on a bike! g
--
Jim in NC