Another Zoom Lie Discovered

Old February 8th 07, 06:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
anon

Default Another Zoom Lie Discovered

Did anyone noticed that Zoom claimed, under oath, to have received an
appointment to a military academy?

Old February 8th 07, 07:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "anon" said:
Did anyone noticed that Zoom claimed, under oath, to have received an
appointment to a military academy?

You sure he didn't mean "laughing academy"?

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
"We all agree that your theory is crazy, but is it crazy enough?"
Old February 8th 07, 10:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Alphonse Le Creur[_1_]

"anon" wrote in news:ebSdnZITb6ev-
:

Did anyone noticed that Zoom claimed, under oath, to have received an
appointment to a military academy?

Salvation Army?
Old February 9th 07, 02:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
J.Kahn

anon wrote:
Did anyone noticed that Zoom claimed, under oath, to have received an
appointment to a military academy?

And here starts another loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong
thread...
Old February 9th 07, 03:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Richard Isakson

"anon" wrote ...
Did anyone noticed that Zoom claimed, under oath, to have received an
appointment to a military academy?

I thought everyone knew about that. He was the first to be appointed to the
US Space Academy. His tenure as a Space Cadet ended with the rumors of a
love triangle between Jim, Juan and the school's commandant. Jim sued over
his dismissal and since this suit was to establish the laws involving
relationship in space, it became known as The Complete Space Case. Even
today if you talk to an aviation lawyer about The Complete Space Case, they
automatically think of Jim.

Rich

Old February 9th 07, 05:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jerry Springer

Richard Isakson wrote:
"anon" wrote ...

Did anyone noticed that Zoom claimed, under oath, to have received an
appointment to a military academy?

I thought everyone knew about that. He was the first to be appointed to the
US Space Academy. His tenure as a Space Cadet ended with the rumors of a
love triangle between Jim, Juan and the school's commandant. Jim sued over
his dismissal and since this suit was to establish the laws involving
relationship in space, it became known as The Complete Space Case. Even
today if you talk to an aviation lawyer about The Complete Space Case, they
automatically think of Jim.

Rich

I can even see him running around Florida in a Diaper also.:-)
Old February 9th 07, 02:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Paul Tomblin

In a previous article, "Richard Isakson" said:
"anon" wrote ...
Did anyone noticed that Zoom claimed, under oath, to have received an
appointment to a military academy?

I thought everyone knew about that. He was the first to be appointed to the
US Space Academy. His tenure as a Space Cadet ended with the rumors of a

Even today, all his teachers will swear that he did nothing at school
except take up space.

--
Paul Tomblin http://blog.xcski.com/
"It is my prayer that other Americans will fully realize that to condone the
Old February 9th 07, 02:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
anon

And here starts another loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong
thread...

In the Zoom saga, I thought this was a bit unique.

Unlike many stories that he dismisses as lies or part of an earlier life we
shouldn't consider, this claim was recent and documented.

I think it is a stepping stone to the FAA revisiting the status of his
medical.

Old February 10th 07, 01:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
anon

"Richard Riley" wrote in message
On Thu, 8 Feb 2007 13:06:35 -0500, "anon" wrote:
In which piece of testimony?

I need to look back to check. I did a quick cut and paste without noting
the date and venue. I like the part where he can't answer decisively if he
had ever been shot.
I'm not sure of recruiting policies at this time, but would Campbell have
actually been considered "inactive" prior to high school graduation? I was
under the impression that an individual would sign a recruitment contract
that would detail enlistment at a date after graduation. I think that it
would be very unlikely that a person could enlist as a private in the Army
and then request an inter-service transfer. It is much more likely that the
Army just tore up the contract, allowing him to pursue enlistment in the Air
Force.

He can't even keep his lies straight. His ego takes over and he claims he
received a nomination to a service academy - then he says his attempt was
unsuccessful. That doesn't make any sense. If you receive a nomination to
a service academy, no military branch would hamper your acceptance. In the
Vietnam era, combat soldiers were plucked out of combat assignments in the
middle of a tour to attend an academy, if nominated.

As those with nominating power do their homework, those nominated to attend
an academy are almost always qualified. Sometimes, a medical problem can
derail a attendance after nomination, but that's pretty much it. I guess
discovery of a criminal record or other such deal-breaker is possible, but I
don't think it happens. That said, I claim that Campbell NEVER recieved a
nomination to attend a service academy. This is the Campbell trap - he
can easily present some story explaining why he didn't attend an academy,
without actually proving that he received a nomination.

Q. And you were only in the service for approximately six or eight months?

A. There was a period of time before that - it was called "inactive." That
was from October of '74, early in my senior year of high school with the
United States Army National Guard, 3rd/104 Armed CAB, that was at the time
- they've since been reassigned. I made a switch from Army to Air Force
in June of that year. I didn't go until November. I was trying rather hard,
and in -fact even succeeded in getting a nomination to one of the service
academies, which was the reason for the period of time with the military.
That attempt was unsuccessful

Q. And Mr. Campbell, you were terminated from the armed services. What was
the reason for that?

A. It was an honorable discharge.

Q. What is your military service number?

A. It would be the same as my social security number - 146524672.

Q. Mr. Campbell, do you have a copy of the record which I gave you - the
Administrator's copy of your medical file?

A. I've got quite a bit of information here. If you'll call my attention to
where it is -

Q. Mr. Campbell, I want to refer you to page 103 of that medical file.
Specifically, I want to draw your attention to Section Number 11, and what
did you indicate was your service? Did you indicate on your application
that you had served with the Air Force or the Army at any time?

A. At the time, I wasn't, though.

Q. At any time did you indicate that you were part of the armed services -
at any time?

A. During the period of time when I was a member

Q. On the application itself, you checked the blank, "None," under -

A. "Extended active duty" - yes.

Q. And you also - you did not put down your military service number. Is
that correct?

A. That's correct.

Q. Now, the next application, on Page 105, you also did not put down any
military service number or indicate any prior military service, did you?

A. That's correct.

Q. And also on your application on Page 107, you again did not indicate any
armed service, did you?

A. Correct.

Q. Mr. Campbell, while you were in the service you were never at Viet Nam,
were you?

A. No, m'am.

Q. And you never received a shrapnel wound to your face, did you?

A. No, m'am. Tree branch, but not shrapnel.

Q. Mr. Campbell, have you ever been wounded in any way?

A. I have been hurt several times in various ways.

Q. Have you ever received a gunshot wound?

A. Not that I know of."

Old February 10th 07, 02:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ken Moffett

"anon" wrote in
m:

SNIP
I'm not sure of recruiting policies at this time, but would
Campbell have actually been considered "inactive" prior to
high school graduation? I was under the impression that an
individual would sign a recruitment contract that would
detail enlistment at a date after graduation. I think that

SNIP

Yes, when you sign up for a delayed enlistment, you were placed
in the Inactive Reserves for X months from the date you sign the
paper. I did that to complete my last two months at ISU in
1968, when I got my draft notice. I remenber receiving my
"Discharge" certificate from the Reserves while in Air Force
Basic Training at Lackland.

Ken