Butch O'Hare

Old September 17th 03, 06:01 PM
ian maclure

Default Butch O'Hare

Got an e.message this morning from an acquaintance.
Consisted of two stories.
The first episode was concerning one Easy Eddie, for many years
Alphonse J Capone's lawyer. Fall from grace, repentance, redemption/
martyrdom.
The second episode concerned Butch O'Hares MOH fight.
The message connects the two epsiodes by stating that Butch
O'Hare was the son of this Easy Eddie character.
Is this correct?

IBM

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Old September 17th 03, 06:23 PM
Les Matheson

See their take on it.

http://www.snopes.com/glurge/ohare.htm

--
Les
F-4C(WW),D,E,G(WW)/AC-130A/MC-130E EWO (ret)

Old September 17th 03, 10:41 PM
Cub Driver

On 17 Sep 2003 17:01:40 GMT, "ian maclure" wrote:

The message connects the two epsiodes by stating that Butch
O'Hare was the son of this Easy Eddie character.

Butch O'Hare's father was indeed connected with the Chicago mob. That
doesn't excite me enough to determine whether his name was Easy Eddie.

There's a biography of O'Hare from Naval Institute Press that goes
into the family closet in great detail.

all the best -- Dan Ford
email: www.danford.net/letters.htm#9

see the Warbird's Forum at www.warbirdforum.com
and the Piper Cub Forum at www.pipercubforum.com
Old September 18th 03, 10:59 PM
Flatlander

Ian,

If the "Easy Eddie' story is the one I think it is it is total bull.
You can probably google some of my older and still relevant comments
on the 'tale'. Better yet do yourself a favor and either purchase
(there by helping the authors) or borrow a copy of John Lundstrom's
and Steve Ewing's "Fateful Rendezvous" (Naval Institute Press).

Ben Schapiro

Old September 19th 03, 12:30 AM
ian maclure

In article , "Flatlander"
wrote:

Ian,

If the "Easy Eddie' story is the one I think it is it is total bull. You
can probably google some of my older and still relevant comments on the
'tale'. Better yet do yourself a favor and either purchase (there by
helping the authors) or borrow a copy of John Lundstrom's and Steve
Ewing's "Fateful Rendezvous" (Naval Institute Press).

I was finally able to google on O'Hare ( DNS &%&$#*# ) and
discovered that there is an element of truth to it in that O'Hare
Sr seems to have been the victim of a gangland hit or at
least thats what the on-line bios say.
Whether O'H Sr was actually Capone's lawyer is not clear.