Spinner strobing as a "Bird Strike Countermeasure"

Old December 8th 07, 03:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Mxsmanic

Default Spinner strobing as a "Bird Strike Countermeasure"

nobody writes:

For personal reasons totally unrelated to aviation or the Eunuch, could you
point me to a reference describing Aspergers as a trait rather than an
illness?

The burden of proof is upon those who call it an illness, and that burden of
proof has not been satisfied.

Aspergers in many cases is an invention of extroverts, who believe that anyone
who isn't extroverted must be mentally ill. Many extroverts have trouble
understanding any viewpoints other than their own.
Old December 8th 07, 07:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Matt W. Barrow

"Darrel Toepfer" wrote in message
. 18...
"Matt W. Barrow" wrote:

"What's", Darrel...

Puncuation, Matt...

So you can't spell, nor punctuate?

Old December 8th 07, 08:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
nobody[_2_]

"Airbus" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

"Airbus" wrote in message
but generally Aspergers is considered less debilitating, less
of an "illness" and more of a "trait".

For personal reasons totally unrelated to aviation or the Eunuch, could
you
point me to a reference describing Aspergers as a trait rather than an
illness?

http://www.journals.cambridge.org/ac...e=online&aid=5
5139

Many Thanks.

I've been having this discussion with my wife since my son was 'diagnosed'.

Old December 8th 07, 10:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Airbus

In article , says...

This one certainly appears appropriate:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asperger%27s_syndrome

It's a little hard to call whether MX's affective disorder is more on the
"Narcissistic" or "Asperger's" spectrum.

Both involve extreme overvaluation of one's self, lack of empathy and
misreading of others' intent, and both have different degrees of
debilitation, but generally Aspergers is considered less debilitating, less
of an "illness" and more of a "trait". Bill Gates, for example, is perhaps
the world's best-known Aspergers case, but is still functional at a high
level.

That's mostly why I would opt for "Narcissistic" in MX's case, as his
functioning is completely removed from reality. His intelligence is real,
but his estimation of the value of his contribution shows a high level of
dissociation from reality, and he is incapable of understanding the value
of others' contributions. The world turns around confirming the
all-encompassing authority of his own assertions, and he will freely resort
to every form of artifice and intellectual dishonesty to uphold this
principle.

Old December 8th 07, 11:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Mxsmanic

nobody writes:

I've been having this discussion with my wife since my son was 'diagnosed'.

Is his IQ above average?
Old December 8th 07, 11:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Mxsmanic

Airbus writes:

It's one of those "spectrum" disorders, in which the degree makes all the
difference.

It's one of those imaginary disorders, in which people claim that anyone
different from themselves has an "illness."

Many are high-level, high acheivers ...

In other words, there's nothing wrong with them.
Old December 8th 07, 11:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
nobody[_2_]

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
nobody writes:

I've been having this discussion with my wife since my son was
'diagnosed'.

Is his IQ above average?

That is not your business

Old December 9th 07, 12:56 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

"Airbus" wrote

There's something wrong with you - you know it, and you desperately need
help.

I heard something else in the last day or two that got me thinking.

In addition to all of his other problems, I think I know what one of his
largest problems is, that explain his behavior on the internet.

He is addicted to attention. Positive, negative; it makes no difference.
Attention is what he craves, and must have it, above anything else in his
life. Just like drugs, he will get it, one way or the other.

So there it is; another thing to add onto his list of problems. Addictive
personality disorder.

This one fits too well to not be true.
--
Jim in NC

Old December 9th 07, 01:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
cavelamb himself[_4_]

Morgans wrote:
"Airbus" wrote

There's something wrong with you - you know it, and you desperately need
help.

I heard something else in the last day or two that got me thinking.

In addition to all of his other problems, I think I know what one of his
largest problems is, that explain his behavior on the internet.

He is addicted to attention. Positive, negative; it makes no difference.
Attention is what he craves, and must have it, above anything else in his
life. Just like drugs, he will get it, one way or the other.

So there it is; another thing to add onto his list of problems. Addictive
personality disorder.

This one fits too well to not be true.

My girl friend's 15 year old daughter is like that.
She needs LOTS of entertainment too.

Nearly impossible to have a non-drama day.

Spinner strobing as a "Bird Strike Countermeasure" Jim Logajan Piloting 259 December 13th 07 05:43 AM
Saturday 072807 in Oshkosh Pt 6 - Warbird show pix I forgot to post earlier [10/33] - "Bird Dog.jpg" yEnc (1/1) Just Plane Noise[_2_] Aviation Photos 0 July 31st 07 10:48 PM
"British trace missile in copter strike to Iran" Mike[_7_] Naval Aviation 8 March 10th 07 08:20 PM
Bird strike Bob Chilcoat Piloting 5 September 6th 05 07:05 AM
Bird strike Jase Vanover Piloting 16 May 17th 05 11:44 AM