Wheres everyone from?

Old June 29th 04, 11:05 PM
Andrew Gideon

I was just at Old Bridge last week. Fortunately, I landed on the runway
with the numbers as opposed to the larger runway w/o.

- Andrew

Old June 30th 04, 02:57 AM
G.R. Patterson III

Andrew Gideon wrote:

I was just at Old Bridge last week. Fortunately, I landed on the runway
with the numbers as opposed to the larger runway w/o.

Yeah, the final approach is a real bear coming into the big one from the northeast.
:-)

George Patterson
None of us is as dumb as all of us.
Old June 30th 04, 06:49 AM
Jay Beckman

"Martin Hotze" wrote in message
"Jay Beckman" wrote:

Chandler AZ flying at Tailwind Flight Centre at Chandler Municipal

Airport
(KCHD)

Oh.
How have they developed since the buyout from the former owners (namely

Rick
w/Sunbird Flight Services)? Is John Martin still one of the new owners?

Say John
hello from Martin from Austria.

Martin,

From my experience there as a PPL student, I'd say they're doing ok. They
have two very nice 172SPs, 3 good 172M/Ns, 2 152s (I've not flown them...),
a twin Seneca, an Arrow and they just added a 182P on a leaseback.

As far as I know, the owners are a Father/Son with the last name of Guilfoy
(Tom Sr/Jr ... aka T1/T2.)

Instructor-wise, they've suffered a little bit of turnover of late but I
think it's more of a coincidence as it would seem that pilot hiring is
beginning to pick up some and one would expect the highest time CFIs to be
moving up the ladder, right? (If that is what they were wanting/waiting to
do...)

Do they still rent only to their students? If yes: what would you suggest

where
to rent from?

According to their website, no they don't rent only to students...give them
a call:

http://tailwindflight.com/tfc/index.htm

Kindest Regards,

Jay Beckman
Student Pilot - KCHD
29.4 Hrs ... Nowhere to go but up!

Old June 30th 04, 02:33 PM
Ben Haas

Doug wrote in message ...
Just getting with a few in the group and was wondering where everyone was
from? Im down here in San Diego learning out of Montgomery..

Jackson Hole Wy. KJAC

Ben N801BH
Old June 30th 04, 02:52 PM
Aviv Hod

Doug wrote:
Just getting with a few in the group and was wondering where everyone was
from? Im down here in San Diego learning out of Montgomery..

Arlington, MA
I fly out of Hanscom AFB, KBED

-Aviv Hod
Old June 30th 04, 08:29 PM
Frank

Doug wrote:

Just getting with a few in the group and was wondering where everyone was
from? Im down here in San Diego learning out of Montgomery..

Crites Field in Waukesha, WI (UES)
--
Frank....H
Old July 3rd 04, 02:52 AM
Mike Adams

Martin Hotze wrote:

As far as I know, the owners are a Father/Son with the last name of
Guilfoy (Tom Sr/Jr ... aka T1/T2.)

ah. OK. And John is still there? He used to be the chief flight
instructor and general manager.

I heard that John Martin is now at America West.

Mike
Old July 12th 04, 06:45 AM
Scott D.

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 09:26:09 -0700, "Tom Sixkiller"
wrote:

Except Meadowlake doesn't sell Jet-A; workable, but a PITA.

Which King Air are they looking at?

Colorado Aviation at COS is awesome, and about the cheapest Jet-A in the
state. Excellent shops, too.

We're fixing to relocate from Meridian Business Park (APA...$$$$$$,
Englewood...$$$$$$$) to the ColoSprings area. Both of our two main partners
live way south of Denver and find it harder to get into town than just going
south twice as far. Also, we're finding office space is about 60% less $$.

Sorry it took so long to reply, I was on vacation in the rural
farmlands of Mn, where computer time was very limited. Yea, we
looked into the Jet A situation here at 00V but I would be doing most
of my pickup's at APA so I would get the fuel there.

They were looking at at King Air that was for sale here at COS but I
just got word that it had sold. All in the same breath they tell me
that a Cheyenne III would be considered.

Scott D

Old July 12th 04, 03:27 PM
lance smith

San Diego, flying out of Carlsbad-Palomar (CRQ).

-lance smith

Old July 13th 04, 01:38 PM
DeltaDeltaDelta

Zagreb, Croatia (LDZL / LDZA)