PowerFLARM 2.71...WTF?

Old April 7th 13, 03:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Gibbons[_2_]

Default PowerFLARM 2.71...WTF?

On Sat, 6 Apr 2013 06:38:11 -0700 (PDT), Brian
wrote:

2 of us flew with the 2.6 firmware yesterday, My understanding was that
the 2.6 logger was supposed to work ok with OLC, but OLC is showing both
flights as invalid. Is there a trick to making it work on OLC?

Brian

We're seeing the same thing at TSA, one of our members who has been
submitting v2.60 PowerFlarm logs to OLC since November 2012, and
getting 'blue" OK ( position recorder) flags, got a "red" fail on
today's log submitted to OLC.

Just a guess on my part, but since v2.7 has now received IGC approval
for secure logging, I'm guessing the OLC is flagging PowerFlarm logs
not submitted with this latest release as invalid.

Bob
Old April 9th 13, 11:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
FLARM

Implementing the new IGC FLARM encryption somehow broke OLC's old (non-IGC) FLARM validation setup a few days ago...
We are working with OLC to resolve this as soon as possible.
Old April 10th 13, 07:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
FLARM

A v3.0 pre-release has been distributed to testers.
Please email us if you would like to be our guinea-pig.
Pre-release is only running for 60 days so testers will have to do another update later.

OLC issues should be resolved, let us know if your files still do not validate properly.

Old May 1st 13, 12:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Wednesday, April 3, 2013 6:13:10 AM UTC-7, FLARM wrote:
Feature complete PowerFLARM v3.0 firmware will be released before the end of April.

Hi, any update on this?
Old May 1st 13, 12:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike the Strike

They didn't say which April!

Mike

Old May 1st 13, 12:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Evan Ludeman[_4_]

On Tuesday, April 30, 2013 7:48:54 PM UTC-4, Mike the Strike wrote:
They didn't say which April!

Mike

http://www.powerflarm.aero/index.php...ge-and-support
Old May 1st 13, 03:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim[_31_]

On Tuesday, April 30, 2013 7:58:18 PM UTC-4, Evan Ludeman wrote:
On Tuesday, April 30, 2013 7:48:54 PM UTC-4, Mike the Strike wrote:

They didn't say which April!

Mike

http://www.powerflarm.aero/index.php...ge-and-support

I was going to try out the 2.79 BETA Version but it "expires" June 16th, that's only about 6 weeks from now. I wasn't sure if that would render my PF inop at that time. Does anyone know exactly what "expires" means in this context?

-PC
Old May 1st 13, 04:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike the Strike

Expires is what Monty Python's parrot does! I am sure the software/firmware does the same.
Old May 2nd 13, 03:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus

On Apr 30, 7:58*pm, Evan Ludeman wrote:
On Tuesday, April 30, 2013 7:48:54 PM UTC-4, Mike the Strike wrote:
They didn't say which April!

Mike

http://www.powerflarm.aero/index.php...ge-and-support

Another broken promise!
Old May 2nd 13, 03:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

OK I have trouble keeping track of this stuff. I need to register my portable and send it in for an upgrade by the end of the month ago that I can avoid paying $100 for that. If I do that will it be automatically updated to the latest software. If so I need to understand more about this expiration business.

PowerFLARM 2.60 beta available [email protected] Soaring 7 November 2nd 12 12:11 AM
PowerFLARM Brick and PowerFLARM Remote Display Manuals Available Paul Remde Soaring 30 May 25th 12 11:58 PM
Status PowerFLARM for USA [email protected] Soaring 7 July 14th 11 07:24 PM
PowerFLARM Paul Remde Soaring 9 November 6th 10 04:30 AM
PowerFLARM Greg Arnold[_2_] Soaring 6 November 2nd 10 09:32 AM