Here is Some video Of Landing In My 150 7676U

Old July 8th 04, 05:39 AM
Jay Honeck

Ok guys I finally had time to transfer video from my mini dv to my
computer
, my first few landings in my 150 it seems like the wife only records my

bad
landings ohh well!!

Cool video!

Don't worry, though: All landings look bad when filmed with a hand-held
camera. (For a winter-scene, icy runway landing here in IOW, see
http://alexisparkinn.com/photogaller...ndingRwy30.AVI )

And don't forget to clean the bugs off the windscreen before filming! I've
got entire mpegs where our auto-focus video camera tried to focus on the
bugs the whole time...

:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old July 8th 04, 12:16 PM
John T

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message

And don't forget to clean the bugs off the windscreen before filming!
I've got entire mpegs where our auto-focus video camera tried to
focus on the bugs the whole time...

If you know you won't be taping any interior shots, try setting your
camera's focus to landscape scene mode or manually focus to infinity.

--
John T
http://tknowlogy.com/TknoFlyer

Old July 8th 04, 12:29 PM
Roger Long

If you love this stuff, check out this page:

http://baldeagleflyingclub.org/Videos.htm

--
Roger Long

"Dan Luke" wrote
Only a pilot could love this stuff.
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old July 8th 04, 02:48 PM
BillC85

Very cool.

I've put together a "helmet cam" using a Sony TRV103 and this

http://www.cc-video.com/productshelmetsystems.html

Stick the mic inside the earmuff on your headset and then you get radio
transmissions instead of engine noise.

The remoted camera is light enough so it can be velcroed onto just about
anything including the side of your head set.

BillC

"NW_PILOT" wrote in message
Ok guys I finally had time to transfer video from my mini dv to my

computer
, my first few landings in my 150 it seems like the wife only records my

bad
landings ohh well!! The best landing out of the 3 on this video was a
simulated short field right on the 1,000 bars the first landing and the
second best was the cross wind landing at evergreen 59S,

Ohh the video link http://www.warflying.net/7676u.wmv

Old July 8th 04, 06:37 PM
Elwood Dowd

You can say that again! I attached a camcorder to my glareshield with
some electrical tape (all I had handy---just a few inches) to record a
landing, and the darn thing came undone and slid to the front just as I
touched down, banged into the windscreen, and turned sideways and
flopped over. Inertia and all that.

The resulting movie was... interesting. I'll see if I still have it
somewhere.

Old July 8th 04, 10:09 PM
Ritchard Findlay

Cool footage. It made me feel the landing.

FWIW, I have rigged a number of cameras into planes, albeit shooting out the
sides. We get FANTASTIC results by rigging the camera on a bungee cord
mount. Depending on the aircraft, there are a lot of places you can secure
them (sometimes augmented with a little bit of strategically looped/tied
nylon rope) at the top of the cabin. The technique is to put a little
weight on the bungee/camera combination, and let the bungee mitigate the
movement of the aircraft. The camera operator then concentrates on keeping
the framing and camera orientation correct. Oh yeah, rubber bungees are the
best.

With consumer cameras, it will take a bit of thinkin' to invent a device to
get the bungee system secured to the camera, but the results are completely
worthwhile.

A tripod is suggested someplace below in the thread. I cannot agree The
tripod will transmit every vibration of the aircracft into the camera. The
bungee system alomost completely removes it.

Just my $.02

RF

--
Ritchard Findlay