A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

OLC claim with a re-light ?

Old September 3rd 19, 05:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Karl Hanzel
external usenet poster

Default OLC claim with a re-light ?

Hiya Glider Guiders & OLC Claim Submitters -

'Had a(nother) good flight yesterday...

http://glideport.aero/map?p=GlideReg...day=2019-09-02
i'm "1JW"

....but it was punctuated by an engine-on / re-light when i got low, after a long (~47km, sinky glide from last good thermal to 17.6k') having struck-out on multiple good looking clouds. In retrospect, i should have made a broader sweep of the first, or second, or third clouds, while i still had altitude in the vicinity of Green Mountain Reservoir. As it was, i just drifted under what i expected to be their best parts... 'nada!
I was all set for an away-airport landing, at Kremmling CO, McElroy field, and as always (so far!) the 2.4l Volkswagon engine fired right up (~15:13), so i was able to avoid the landing, & shortly thereafter (~15:19), caught a good one that took me back up into the otherwise very soarable conditions of the day.

Don't believe there's any provision for a "re-light" in OLC ... technically, i could only "claim" the last ~1/4 or so of the whole flight, after powering-down (from ~15:20 on) again, right?
I won't bother with a claim, unless someone knows of such a provision... maybe a deduction of points somehow/someway? 'Doubt it.
Oh well.

pax,
Â*Â*Â*Karl
Â*Â*Â*•–––
Old September 3rd 19, 05:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, September 3, 2019 at 12:20:59 PM UTC-4, Karl Hanzel wrote:
Hiya Glider Guiders & OLC Claim Submitters -

'Had a(nother) good flight yesterday...

http://glideport.aero/map?p=GlideReg...day=2019-09-02
i'm "1JW"

...but it was punctuated by an engine-on / re-light when i got low, after a long (~47km, sinky glide from last good thermal to 17.6k') having struck-out on multiple good looking clouds. In retrospect, i should have made a broader sweep of the first, or second, or third clouds, while i still had altitude in the vicinity of Green Mountain Reservoir. As it was, i just drifted under what i expected to be their best parts... 'nada!
I was all set for an away-airport landing, at Kremmling CO, McElroy field, and as always (so far!) the 2.4l Volkswagon engine fired right up (~15:13), so i was able to avoid the landing, & shortly thereafter (~15:19), caught a good one that took me back up into the otherwise very soarable conditions of the day.

Don't believe there's any provision for a "re-light" in OLC ... technically, i could only "claim" the last ~1/4 or so of the whole flight, after powering-down (from ~15:20 on) again, right?
I won't bother with a claim, unless someone knows of such a provision... maybe a deduction of points somehow/someway? 'Doubt it.
Oh well.

pax,
Â*Â*Â*Karl
Â*Â*Â*•–––

You get to choose the soaring performance. Adjust the times when you are doing the claim submission, or submit it, and assuming you are signed in, there is an 'edit flight' option in the upper right, where you can change start time. You can only edit if the scoring-deadline is not passed (48 hrs).
Old September 4th 19, 01:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Karl Hanzel
external usenet poster

Dan, you wrote:
...you can change start time...

Right. If i’m changing the start-time to that last ~1/4th of the flight, it just ends up being a very insignificant flight... ‘seems hardly worth it. I was just hoping for "more credit".

•–––
Old September 4th 19, 02:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Tuesday, September 3, 2019 at 8:27:50 PM UTC-4, Karl Hanzel wrote:
Dan, you wrote:
...you can change start time...

Right. If i’m changing the start-time to that last ~1/4th of the flight, it just ends up being a very insignificant flight... ‘seems hardly worth it. I was just hoping for "more credit".

•–––

Set the start time for release and finish at engine start. Get 3/4
Old September 4th 19, 02:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Karl Hanzel
external usenet poster

Gah! Of course. Thanks, Dan, i was ~ being dim.

•–––