Need Another Cobra Trailer Wheel

Old September 4th 19, 09:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Youngblood

Default Need Another Cobra Trailer Wheel

On Monday, September 2, 2019 at 11:45:23 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I need a wheel for an older (ca 1992) Cobra trailer: 13 x 4 1/2 wheel with a J flange manufactured 9-91 (the stampings read K13S133 and FAD | 4 1/2 JX13H2 ). Offset measures approx 29 mm. This is the 4 bolt lug pattern on a 100 mm bolt circle. 57mm centerbore.

If you have a wheel, or you know what vehicles' wheels will fit, let me know. I'm having trouble matching those specs with vehicles. Given the trouble I had last time, I'll buy two this time.

I posted a similar message 10 years ago, after I damaged a wheel returning from New Castle. This time it was coming home from the Caesar Creek contest.

For the record, I was running a TPMS. It indicated the pressure had dropped about 5 PSI to 37 PSI. I was looking for a place to pull off to check when it became apparent it was down on the rim already. The TPMS is still reading 37 PSI even now though the sensor was torn off and is lying in the weeds on I-81 somewhere. Bellacorp brand. I've had myriad problems with it. It seemed to work most of the time but both the sensors and the receiving unit flake out occasionally. I'm realizing now that readings are retained until an update is received, whether that's a few seconds or a few years. It did warn me about rising temps when the brakes locked on earlier this season but failed miserably to prevent the precise problem I bought it for.

With all the guys replacing Al-Ko axles with electric brake types, there must be some wheels out there.

Post or PM me at my name below separated by a dot at gmail.

Thanks.

Chip Bearden

I think those originally had wheels off an Opel car.
Old September 4th 19, 10:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Chip, have you asked Spindelbergers?
They've always been immensely helpful.

Old September 7th 19, 01:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I think those originally had wheels off an Opel car.

Our Komet trailer back in 1978 had wheels that fit an Opel Kadett. Don't know what the version on my 1992 Cobra fits. It's a "standard" German wheel based on what I've found in searches but don't know the vehicle interchange specs.

Chip Bearden

Old September 7th 19, 03:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy[_3_]

Chip
You could always order a couple from wings and wheels
I've got a 1990 cobra that I tore up a wheel on the way to Parowan a couple of years back.
They had one on the ramp in in my hands in 48 hours with a trailer tire installed.
Good service.
Good Luck
Nick Kennedy