Gyro Rotor Wing Toy Kite

Old October 26th 03, 12:12 AM
Tha RagMan

Default Gyro Rotor Wing Toy Kite

A Google search didn't turn up anything so let me appeal direct. Some
years ago I saw a vendor selling a little plastic toy gyrocopter at a
PRA Fly-In that flew much like a kite in the wind at the end of a
line. Over the next couple years I saw the same toy at EAA events such
as Lakeland and Oshkosh. Sadly I didn't buy one. I now have a
Grandson and I would love to find one of these wonderful toys for him.
Alas, I have searched all over the web and can find nothing and no one
who sells them. Can someone here point me toward a vendor who still
sells them? Santa would be very grateful.
Tha RagMan

Old October 26th 03, 04:07 AM
Karl Hartig

It's called a gyro-kite, here's a google search.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...=Google+Search

Old October 26th 03, 02:34 PM
Tha RagMan

Tha RagMan wrote:

A Google search didn't turn up anything so let me appeal direct. Some
years ago I saw a vendor selling a little plastic toy gyrocopter at a
PRA Fly-In that flew much like a kite in the wind at the end of a
line. Over the next couple years I saw the same toy at EAA events such
as Lakeland and Oshkosh. Sadly I didn't buy one. I now have a
Grandson and I would love to find one of these wonderful toys for him.
Alas, I have searched all over the web and can find nothing and no one
who sells them. Can someone here point me toward a vendor who still
sells them? Santa would be very grateful.
Tha RagMan

Many Thanks for the help. It's all in the right search word. Found
exactly what I was looking for. Thanks again for your helping hand.
Tha RagMan
Old October 26th 03, 09:02 PM
Mr.Twistair

I've got mine from WicksAircraft recently. Nice thing also to study some
tricks on teeter rotor. Particularly, unloading rotor is very spectacular
for much less price than in reality )

Cheers,

Alex
http://twistairclub.narod.ru Sport Rotorcraft of Russia

"Tha RagMan" ???????/???????? ? ????????
?????????: ...
wrote:

It's called a gyro-kite, here's a google search.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...btnG=Google+Se

arch

Old October 30th 03, 03:13 AM
Randy Olson

RagMan,

DO NOT purchase a plastic gyrokite! If you want one that really works and
is fun to fly, check out the following link:
http://www.autogyro.com/models/GyroRaptor/Raptor.htm

Randy

Old October 30th 03, 01:33 PM
Tha RagMan

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 21:13:15 -0500, "Randy Olson"
wrote:

RagMan,

DO NOT purchase a plastic gyrokite! If you want one that really works and
is fun to fly, check out the following link:
http://www.autogyro.com/models/GyroRaptor/Raptor.htm

Randy

"Tha RagMan" wrote in message
.. .
A Google search didn't turn up anything so let me appeal direct. Some
years ago I saw a vendor selling a little plastic toy gyrocopter at a
PRA Fly-In that flew much like a kite in the wind at the end of a
line. Over the next couple years I saw the same toy at EAA events such
as Lakeland and Oshkosh. Sadly I didn't buy one. I now have a
Grandson and I would love to find one of these wonderful toys for him.
Alas, I have searched all over the web and can find nothing and no one
who sells them. Can someone here point me toward a vendor who still
sells them? Santa would be very grateful.
Tha RagMan

Randy;
The GyroRaptor is very interesting but way on the expensive side
compared to the commercially prebuilt Gyro Kite. I have seen the Gyro
Kite and it flys perfectly. You don't have to build it and it cost
about 1/3 of the GyroRaptor kit that has to be built.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Your info is appreciated.
Tha RagMan

Old November 11th 03, 05:17 PM
John

I had a "Copterkite", lost two of them to mast bumping. My fault I flew them
in gusty conditions and a bad regular kite flying habit habit of pulling the
string to increase lift.