New ILEC SN-10 Firmware

Old August 17th 05, 06:24 PM
Paul Remde

Default New ILEC SN-10 Firmware

Hi,

Is anyone interested in details on the new ILEC SN-10 firmware? If so, I'll
post it here.

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

Old August 17th 05, 10:22 PM

Sure Paul,

I was looking at buying an SN-10 but it did not talk with the Ipaq and
Windpilot. Does it now?

Jerz

Old August 17th 05, 10:47 PM
Paul Remde

Hi Jerz,

Thanks for asking.

The new free SN-10 firmware upgrade (version 2.31) adds the following new
features:
a.. Output to support PDA (echo NMEA inputs + new ILEC sentences) - This
is a powerful new feature. The SN-10 can now received data from the GPS and
add ILEC data to the data stream that is sent to the PDA. The ILEC data
includes polar data, barometric altitude, wind speed and direction and vario
data to the PDA for use by soaring software. Contact the soaring software
vendor to see if it can support the use of this data.
b.. Bug fix: Map Alternates work properly in Club Mode
c.. VALI-IEC returns DOS ERROREVEL 1 on error, 0 on success (ease OLC
scripts)
d.. More helpful progress messages from PClink (HL/HL32)
e.. Demo updated to show alternates on moving map (club and competition)
Those features are in addition to features added in 2004 which includes the
ability to display reachable airports on the map screen. Airports within
gliding distance are shown as a "+" sign on the screen and airports that are
not reachable are shown with a "-" sign. Details and free upgrade files are
available he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/ilec.htm

I do not know the extent to which PDA soaring software supports the new SN10
data output at this time. I believe SeeYou is working on support in SeeYou
Mobile. I don't know whether support is in the works for WinPilot or
pocket*StrePla. I imagine they will all support it eventually but I can't
say for certain.

I am now putting together new Goddard cable designs that will support the
new software functionality.

Also, the SN10 PC demo has been updated to show the display of reachable
airports on the map screen. It is also available on the page listed above.

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

oups.com...

Old August 18th 05, 12:23 PM
Paul Remde

Hi,

I just learned a little more about soaring flight software for Pocket PCs
which support the new ILEC SN-10 features. pocket*StrePla is in late Beta
and reported to be working well. SeeYou is working on SeeYou Mobile
support.

It would be great for WinPilot to add support. I would think that the
ability to use the Climb Maximizer with an ILEC SN-10 would create some
WinPilot sales.

Old August 25th 05, 05:27 AM
culverflyer

Yes Paul
I would like my SN10B to talk to my PDA running winpilot so I can run
winpilot PRO.
your earlier post referred to a different wiring harness.

Old August 25th 05, 08:11 PM
Paul Remde

Hi,

Please contact WinPilot and ask them to add support for the new SN-10 vario
and wind data. It now can provide all the data needed for WinPilot Pro.

If you have working cables now they would probably need to be modified so
that the GPS data goes from the GPS to the SN-10 and from the SN-10 to the
PDA. We can do that for you of course.

I believe that both pocket*StrePla and SeeYou Mobile have working versions
available for use with the new SN-10 features. They may be beta (not yet
released) versions.

"Paul Remde" wrote in message
Hi,

Is anyone interested in details on the new ILEC SN-10 firmware? If so,

I'll
post it here.

Good Soaring,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com

Wanted - Borgelt B50, Ilec SB-8 or similar [email protected] Soaring 1 August 19th 05 03:20 PM
FS - ILEC SB-7 Jim Hendrix Soaring 0 August 5th 05 09:08 PM
ILEC SN10 upgrade to "B" model Dave Nadler YO Soaring 0 November 23rd 04 12:57 PM
ILEC File Transfer with Pocket PC Paul Remde Soaring 15 September 27th 04 08:32 PM
LX20 Firmware Problem Bruce Greeff Soaring 3 July 24th 03 12:03 PM