ASA On Top bug?

Old August 7th 03, 01:58 PM
Tim Bengtson

Default ASA On Top bug?

I have been having a problem with ASA On Top that has been driving me
nuts. A short drive, admittedly... Anyway, the compass dial around the
ADF doesn't adjust. That is, you can turn the knob, and the dial will
start to move, but it soon snaps back to its original location. Even
this would be much easier to live with if its preferred location had
north exactly at the top, but it seems to want to be a few degrees west
of north.

Anybody know how to deal with this?

Tim
Old August 8th 03, 12:27 AM
Mark Kolber

On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 05:58:29 -0700, Tim Bengtson
wrote:

I have been having a problem with ASA On Top that has been driving me
nuts. A short drive, admittedly... Anyway, the compass dial around the
ADF doesn't adjust. That is, you can turn the knob, and the dial will
start to move, but it soon snaps back to its original location. Even
this would be much easier to live with if its preferred location had
north exactly at the top, but it seems to want to be a few degrees west
of north.

Anybody know how to deal with this?

Works fine on mine. Which version are you using? I'm running 8.0

Mark Kolber
APA/Denver, Colorado
www.midlifeflight.com
======================
email? Remove ".no.spam"
Old August 8th 03, 02:06 PM
Tim Bengtson

Mark Kolber wrote:

Works fine on mine. Which version are you using? I'm running 8.0

I would have to check to be sure, but I think it's 6.0.

Tim
Old August 8th 03, 05:29 PM
Roger Halstead

On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 06:06:36 -0700, Tim Bengtson
wrote:

Mark Kolber wrote:

Works fine on mine. Which version are you using? I'm running 8.0

I would have to check to be sure, but I think it's 6.0.

I purchased 6, installed it, tried it one time and uninstalled it.
I hope (and assume) the newer versions are better.

www.rogerhalstead.com
N833R World's oldest Debonair? (S# CD-2)

Tim

Old August 8th 03, 05:45 PM
Ron Natalie

"Roger Halstead" wrote in message ...

I purchased 6, installed it, tried it one time and uninstalled it.
I hope (and assume) the newer versions are better.

It's evidentally nice if you can get it to work. I haven't been able to get
either it or IP Trainer to work reliably. ASA software in general sucks.
Blew hundreds of dollars. Their "PREPWARE" is even more laughable
(but at least it runs).

Old August 9th 03, 12:15 AM
Mark Kolber

On Fri, 8 Aug 2003 12:45:35 -0400, "Ron Natalie"
wrote:

It's evidentally nice if you can get it to work. I haven't been able to get
either it or IP Trainer to work reliably. ASA software in general sucks.
Blew hundreds of dollars. Their "PREPWARE" is even more laughable
(but at least it runs).

I've never had a problem with it not working. My first version was the
pre version 1 beta.

Mark Kolber
APA/Denver, Colorado
www.midlifeflight.com
======================
email? Remove ".no.spam"
Old August 11th 03, 01:50 PM
Tim Bengtson

Mark Kolber wrote:

I would have to check to be sure, but I think it's 6.0.

What operating system?

Windows 98

Tim
Old August 12th 03, 12:42 AM
Mark Kolber

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 05:50:36 -0700, Tim Bengtson
wrote:

Mark Kolber wrote:

I would have to check to be sure, but I think it's 6.0.

What operating system?

Windows 98
Sorry. Don't know anything specific. There shouldn't be a problem. Have you seen if there are any updates to that version that may solve the problem? My last version before 8.0 was 5.5 and it ran just fine on 98, 98SE, and even ME.

Mark Kolber
APA/Denver, Colorado
www.midlifeflight.com
email? Remove ".no.spam"