Pinckneyville Pix

Old June 6th 04, 05:42 PM
pacplyer

(Al) wrote in message . com...

Why do you think BWB has homebuilding experience?

I glean that from his posts and from conversations with the man.
Other posters however, in contrast, are nice folks but, I've seen no
evidence that they have any experience in aviation at all (again,
gleaned from the absence of anything substantial in their posts.)

He built a Mini-max
and a weight shift Quicksilver. If you have an A&P you have 10 times
as much experience as he does. He bought all his airplanes. People
have more homebuilding experience in an RV-8 tail kit than he has.
Forget about his hours. He's never worked as a professional pilot.
He has the ratings now but do you really think he's flown 3000 hours
in helos in 3 years?

This seems like an emotional exaggeration to me. Where did BWB make
such a claim? I believe he's flown 3000 hours in helos total, yes.
Is all of it loggable? No. Did he actually fly the Hueys all over
the U.S. as sole manipulator of the controls? Yes. Would I bet my
life on him at the controls? Yes. The man's an Rotocraft instructor,
for Christsake. They don't give those ratings away.

Or that he learned to fly when he was 8 years
old? Or that he flew CIA helo missions in Cambodia as a 17 year old
civilian without a helo license? Or that he flew radioactive cloud
tracking missions in Nevada 10 years after the atmospheric test ban
treaty?

Yes, Yes, and Yes. I flew ILS's with my dad at about that age (but
did not solo.) I took formal lessons at 14. What's so hard to
believe about this? Kids learn quickly if they get the opportunity.
CIA stuff can't be discussed here. If you don't believe the CIA was
in Cambodia and would grab any E-2 attatched to the crew chief of a
helo they needed to accomplish the mission, then I can tell you've
never been in combat operations. It's very loose. Lot's of stuff
went on over there you wouldn't believe according to my old man who
was there.

Sure, the EPA let him fly Hueys without a rating or a helo license.
That's the way the government works, it doesn't matter if you have the
paperwork or not, if you can do it they give you a million dollar helo
to cruise around in. You want to buy a bridge in New York?

I've flown lots of stuff I wasn't qualified to fly in my career. I
flew a season as a co-pilot on a Beech 18 cause the pilot who was
qualified was too bored to do it any more. He slept after the gear
came up. He was so poorly paid he had a second job. You think flying
for a living is glamorous don't you? Much of it is hard dangerous
boring stressful thankless work. Companies and governments schedule
to get the max productivity out of your hide that they can. You give
up normal sleeping and eating cycles and this makes you fatigue easy.
People like Bill and I did it because we loved it. Bill may not have
been checked out in a lot of the aircraft he was a crewmember on, but
he flew the missions, I've seen the pictures. Ask yourself this Al:
Ten years after a treaty ban is it necessary to verify that new
radioactive trace particles aren't showing up circling the globe in
the upper jet? Of course it is. If it weren't for that verification;
countries might still be tempted to test up there. And I bet that
verification is the hardest job in the world, because you're expected
to loiter forever. My father flew 135 tankers over the artic during
the Cold War. It got were he hated it, and couldn't wait to get out
of SAC.

Bill can't create anything, so the best he has is tearing people down.

Bill is just tired of the B.S. He's tired of explaining these things
to you guys Al, who can't ask him about it in a respectful manner.

Pacplyer

As always, all my posts are my opinion only.
Old June 6th 04, 05:44 PM
Badwater Bill

On Sat, 5 Jun 2004 16:44:12 -0400, " jls"
wrote:

"Del Rawlins" wrote in message
[...]in the back? And although I am not interested in discussing him
at this time, I suggest you need to do a little more research on Zoom in
order to understand exactly WHY he has generated such a negative
response here.

Oh, hell, dull Del, he threatened to sue anyone who jeered him. 15 or so
called his bluff and he did sue, and lost. He's an autoerotic nympho for
himself, has passed himself off as a doctor, and is a braggart poseur and
tells lies by the bundles, and is a damned sight more interesting character
than you are.

Ha ha Ha...not much different that 80% of the annonymous posters here.
Hell, in RAH, anyone can be a self proclaimed God. I'll bet you that
99% of the annonymous posteres on this ng haven't built a model
airplane let alone one that can carry a human. It's all bar-room bull
****.

BWB

Old June 6th 04, 05:45 PM
Badwater Bill

Geez Larry, he sounds just like half the posters here. Except RAH
posters try to pass themselves off as bona fide pilots and builders!
I like him already. I say we invite Captain Zoom back to RAH.

pac

Took the words out of my mouth Pac. Zoom is more harmless than half
the crazed muther ****ers who read and post here.

BWB

Old June 6th 04, 06:13 PM
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , Badwater Bill says...

Geez Larry, he sounds just like half the posters here. Except RAH
posters try to pass themselves off as bona fide pilots and builders!
I like him already. I say we invite Captain Zoom back to RAH.

pac

Took the words out of my mouth Pac. Zoom is more harmless than half
the crazed muther ****ers who read and post here.BWB

He's harmless until it's your reputation that gets smeared and your livehood
that gets hurt. Sorry guys I can't agree with your opinions. None of the "crazed
muther ****ers who post and read here" has done the harm to people that zoom
has. I guess we are all intitled to our opinions and I have reasons for mine.

Chuck S RAH-15/1 ret.

Old June 6th 04, 06:15 PM
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , pacplyer says...

Geez Larry, he sounds just like half the posters here. Except RAH
posters try to pass themselves off as bona fide pilots and builders!
I like him already. I say we invite Captain Zoom back to RAH.

pac

He won't come here he'll send a toady to do the dirty work. zoom can't bluff his
way out on this group because too many people know him for what he is.

See ya

Chuck S RAH-15/1 ret

Old June 6th 04, 06:16 PM
Badwater Bill

On 5 Jun 2004 23:47:08 -0700, (Al) wrote:

(pacplyer) wrote in message . com...

I'm just pointing out that in my opinion, neither
you Del, or me pac have got the homebuilding experience credentials to
expel a guy like BWB. Now with my background as an A&P and a ME
instructor,

Why do you think BWB has homebuilding experience? He built a Mini-max
and a weight shift Quicksilver.

And helped build an RV-6a which I test flew (see Kitplanes article
coming out in August 2004), and an RV-6 which I test flew and crashed
and a B-1RD which I test flew plus multiple hang gliders and other
**** I can't remember: and rebuilt a Stinson, a Champ, a Lark
Glider, a schwitzer 223 glider, a gyrocopter and a Mini-500 here in
Vegas, not the one Fred gave me. (Does rebuilding count? Huh? Does
it mommy?)

No, I haven't built a lot. Most of my building has been RC airplanes
and helicopters. But I have built a few, and I "Scratch Built" the
Minimax too. I made every single part in it. Have you ever done
that? Scratch built an airplane from plans?

I'll bet a million dollars that's more than this antonymous prick who
made this post.

If you have an A&P you have 10 times
as much experience as he does.

That's probably true. I never worked as a mechanic.

He bought all his airplanes. People
have more homebuilding experience in an RV-8 tail kit than he has.
Forget about his hours. He's never worked as a professional pilot.

Oh really? Having a current medical and commercial license was in my
government job description for 25 years. I also took a year
sabbatical in 1984 and worked as a corporate pilot for West Coast
Holdings and Western Flier's, flying their C-421, C-414, C-210's and
an Aero Commander 680. I flew part time for two years before that and
3 years after that for them too AS A PROFESSIONAL PILOT. (You guys
think you know everything about my life. You haven't even touched the
tip of the iceberg).

He has the ratings now but do you really think he's flown 3000 hours
in helos in 3 years?

I didn't. I flew them in 1971,72,73, in Huey UH-1H's without a
rating. I was sitting in the left (copilot) seat for three years and
did most of the flying. I was just never PIC. I didn't have the money
to get rated or that time would have been logged. I had a commercial
airplane rating however and could fly them fine (but you wouldn't know
that either) I just got the official rating three of four years ago in
Helos.

I did log that 3000 hours in a separate logbook however. Even if it's
not valid FAA time, it's real time. I also sat in that piece of ****
for about 1000 longer than that watching the flying. It ain't like I
wasn't there.

Or that he learned to fly when he was 8 years
old?

Took my first ride at 8, learned to fly at 12.

Or that he flew CIA helo missions in Cambodia as a 17 year old
civilian without a helo license?

Makes you wonder doesn't it?

Or that he flew radioactive cloud
tracking missions in Nevada 10 years after the atmospheric test ban
treaty?

Sure did. We tested under ground about three times a month for 30
years "after the ATMOSPHERIC test ban treaty." Some of them leaked.
All of us were always in position to track the radioactivity in the
atmosphere to guarantee that no civilians ever got a dose that
resulted in any health problems. Don't take my word for it, call the
DOE and request the annual reports. I built 2500 hours in the turbine
Vopar and the A-26's and got my ATP from that government time.

Sure, the EPA let him fly Hueys without a rating or a helo license.

Yep. They sure did. For three years too. They did it all the time in
them-thar-days. Ratings-Shmatings, no one gave a ****. The PIC would
be asleep most of the time. I liked to fly, so I did most of it.
These kids were burnt out from the Viet Nam war (which was a war we
had that you are too young to remember). All they wanted to do was
screw the women all night long in whatever town we were staying in and
sleep all day long in the cockpit while I flew the mission. Do a
search on the National Lake Eutrophication Survey for that time period
and see what you find. If you find anything, you'll see me there.

That's the way the government works, it doesn't matter if you have the
paperwork or not, if you can do it they give you a million dollar helo
to cruise around in.

Yep, that's the way it worked then.

You had to have a rated pilot on board. But remember that government
aircraft are Public Category Aircraft. You don't need a certificate
(license) to fly them. You just sign them out. Most military fighter
pilots do not have civilian ratings and couldn't rent a Cessna-150 if
they had to. Same in the Gument, even EPA. Those helicopters were
Army helicopters on loan to us. The pilots didn't need any civilian
ratings. And, I don't think they had them either. They were no
different than me. None of us had civilian ratings. You take a check
ride and pass and you get to fly.

Again here we have someone who thinks they know what's up. Just
another antonymous prick with a big opinion and a big mouth who most
likely never even soloed.

BWB

You want to buy a bridge in New York?

Sure, then I can throw you off of it.

Bill can't create anything, so the best he has is tearing people down.

Jealous?

BWB

Old June 7th 04, 04:56 AM
Badwater Bill

He won't come here he'll send a toady to do the dirty work. zoom can't bluff his
way out on this group because too many people know him for what he is.

See ya

Chuck S RAH-15/1 ret

Ah, Zoom could bluff 90% of the halfwits who read this group Chuck.
He just can't bluff you or me or a guy like Pac. He's a master
bulffer to the normal run of the mill RAH subscriber.

BWB

Old June 7th 04, 05:09 AM
Badwater Bill

I forgot to add that I actually held down a job for 30 years as a
physicist for the government too. That sort of got in my way of
homebuilding for kicks. You know what I mean? Like I had to get up
and go to a job for 9 hours each day most of my life. Not much time
to build expensive airplanes. Even in spite of that, I still built a
lot of stuff starting in high school when we recovered an old
Taylorcraft with cotton. ****, as I think back, the list is very
incomplete. Helped O'ring work on his Belly Anchor and the Stearman
and the Stinson. I even helped him build a hangar together in the
late 70's at Kidwell Field so we'd have a place to work on airplanes.

But, although nuclear physics was my primary trade for the Gument, I
was lucky enough to get off on some wild and crazy missions with some
card carrying kooks a few hundred times. I have way over 200 missions
over the Nevada Test Site as a Professional Pilot you anonymous
scumbag. And many more than that flying over 7 hours a day, during an
10 hour shift in Hueys, in every state in the union...every single
one.

And we did it for years too, you ****ing anonymous asshole. I'd like
to know who you are you wantabee piece of ****. You've watched me with
vicarious envy for long enough to know a lot of little pieces of
nothing that I've let you pricks nibble on for years. Now you know a
little more. Go spend a week researching it then come back and
apologize, you ****ing anonymous coward.

BWB

Old June 7th 04, 07:12 AM
Badwater Bill

in helos in 3 years?

This seems like an emotional exaggeration to me. Where did BWB make
such a claim? I believe he's flown 3000 hours in helos total, yes.
Is all of it loggable? No. Did he actually fly the Hueys all over
the U.S. as sole manipulator of the controls? Yes. Would I bet my
life on him at the controls? Yes. The man's an Rotocraft instructor,
for Christsake. They don't give those ratings away.

Well, if you bet, you'd win. I feel like writing tonight so I'm a
gonna tell you kids the story about the National Lake Eutrophication
Survey.

BWB

Old June 7th 04, 12:49 PM
ChuckSlusarczyk

In article , Badwater Bill says...

Ah, Zoom could bluff 90% of the halfwits who read this group Chuck.
He just can't bluff you or me or a guy like Pac. He's a master
bulffer to the normal run of the mill RAH subscriber.

BWB

True enough but there were at least 15 of us he didn't bluff.The difference
between zoom and those who bluff here on RAH is that zoom actually "has" hurt
peoples reputations,caused them problems at their places of employment and a
whole list of other things because of his vindictive nature. After talking with
his former editor at SnF nothings changed. He's still a phony and is still
fooling people, especially those who read ANN and know nothing of his past.

See ya

Chuck S RAH-15/1 ret